Chapter 13

"I wouldn't be surprised," I heard a woman say as I was walking down the hall.

"I heard that she hit Melantha in the face days ago, is that true?" another asked. I tiptoed closer to the door.

"Yes, and I heard from Melantha herself, that she was going to kill the human. Once the young lord leaves, then the human is finished," the third woman said. It clicked me when I realised that the women were talking about, well me.They're also the ones that were gossiping about me when I was 'sleeping'.

"And if she runs away. She would enter our territory," the seconded woman said.

"And she will be ours," the first woman added. I breathed in as I turned around to leave. There was no way I was going to stay any longer than I have. Trying to make my way further down the hall I heard a door swing open followed by laughter.

I looked behind me to see them glaring at me. They looked at each other and then back to me. Please, just let them go away. Quickly, I made my way to the second staircase and down a familiar hall. This was where Rachelle had taken me to the kitchen and to the garden.

Just when I thought I was safe from the women, I heard their footsteps. Are they trying to corner me? Without thinking I started to race down the hall.I passed the kitchen and made a turn to where the garden was. I don't know why but I felt safe to go into the garden. But I did and that's all that mattered.

Opening the door, I saw no human life. Walking further in the garden, I had walked past the little table that Marika and her daughter sat. Looking at the table, memories of my hair popped in head followed by Mel's evil smile as she locked me in a box. How can someone do that? A box for god's sake.

"You think you can get away from us human?" I spun around and to tell the truth it made me a little dizzy. It didn't surprise me that they followed me.

"I was counting on it," keeping my head up.

Then leader's green eyes became wide as her mouth opened. She quickly she shut it and glared at me. "You heard our conversation, yes?" she said with a sly smile.

Walking around the table, "I may have."I Placed my right hand on the table, and rubbed the edge with the tip of my finger. I watched my hand as I heard her step forward.

"By our laws we can't kill you," she growled.

"Yes, I heard. I would have to be in your territory. May I ask why?"

Slamming her hand on the table she made a big crack. "Don't play stupid human. You kidnapped a child of the moon goddess. By doing so, your punishment is death," her eyes became dark. Her face began to shift into something else, like a wolf. Just like Beth.

"I didn't kidnap anyone. She had no mother or father, if I am right. You all abandoned her, so I took her as my own, gave her life. If I had left her, you would have killed her," I slammed MY hand on the table and inched closer to the werewolf.

"You have no say to what we do," with only four inches between us, I wanted to slap her.

"Her mother didn't want that. She wanted her child to live," the leader lifted her hand up to hit me. Closing my eyes I have waited for her sharp claws to cut through my skin. Why wasn't she hitting me? I opened one eye and then the other one to see that someone had gripped the leader's wrist.

"What do you think you're doing?" the leader whipped her head around as she tried to pull her hand back. Squeezing her harder the leader yelped in pain. "I don't want to see this type of action again. Do you understand?"

"Yes, it won't happen again," with their tails between their legs, they ran out of the garden.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Rachelle had asked me. I smiled a little as she remade herself emotionless.