GO!!

A few days had passed since the talk at Nighteye Agency. You were training even harder to prepare yourself though, but, until the heroes who were helping to discover the locations of the Yakuza's hideout found it, you and the rest of your friends who knew were on standby.

You were also told not to say anything, not that you would've if you could. 

Katsuki: Hey! What've you guys been learning? Tell me!

Eijiro: Sorry, we can't!

(Flashback)

Shōta: Don't get too worked up about this. The Big Three are one thing. They're strong enough to hold their own out there with the pros. But the rest of you will be minimally involved. Asui, Uraraka, Kirishima. You didn't volunteer for this, and you're not obligate to participate. It's your call. 

Ochaco: Mr. -I mean, Eraser Head! After everything that we just heard, I can't imagine not helping out, sir.

Tsuyu: Yeah, if you're gonna let us be a part of this, I'd like to pitch in however I can.

Amajiki: The heroes asked you to be in that meeting. I don't think  they would've wanted you guys to be there if they didn't recognize your abilities. I mean, I've seen for myself that a first year can shine much brighter than me. 

Nejire: You're gonna have to let that go at some point, ya know. 

Eijiro: If I can use my power to help that girl even a little bit, then count me in, Eraser Head!

Shōta: As long as you all understand. Our scope here is limited. For now, our only goal  is to rescue Eri. We won't step in further than that. Given the recent altercation, neither the police nor Nighteye believe that the League of Villains and the Shie Hassaikai have formed a partnership. So the chances are relatively low that the League will be involved in this raid. But if it turns out they're mistaken about that, and the League does end up putting in an appearance, you guys are out. 

Everyone: Understood, sir! 

(Flashback End)

It was lunchtime as  you got your food and sat down. As you were eating the delicious food, you noticed the look on your best friend's face. You also noticed that Iida and Todoroki were starting to notice.

You: Hey, Izuku, food's gettin' cold.

Izuku: Oh, right! Thanks for letting me know!

Tenya: Are you all right?

Shoto: You've been acting edgy and depressed ever since you started your work study. 

You: (Crap!)

Izuku: Oh, have I? Really? 

Tenya: If you ever wanna talk or anything just let me know. We're friends, right? That's what you said to me, remember? Back when we were heading off to our internships and I was acting like a fool.

Then, Izuku started crying unexpectedly.

You: Izuku, you okay?!

Tenya: Oh. Oh, dear!

Shoto: Midoriya...

Izuku: Sorry! It's okay. It's nothing. 

Izuku then quickly finished his food as you gently patted him on the back.

Izuku: Heroes aren't supposed to cry!

Shoto: I dunno. I figure that heroes cry when they need to, don't  they? Here, uh, you want half of  my soba?