18. What have I done?

Start from the beginning

"What, I don't have to pack your lunch like a good little wi-partner?"

"No, I'd rather not have food poisoning."

I flipped him off. "Whatever, good for me. Now turn around, I wanna be the big spoon."

"Don't you mean tiny jetpack?"

I hit him with a pillow. "Shut up."

"As you wish, Ma'am." He turned around chuckling.

I draped my right arm and leg over him. He pushed closer to me. "You stink."

"No, I don't." He grumbled.

"You do. The stench is bad." I fake gagged a couple times.

"No, I don't. You're just being mean." He huffed and turned around to face me.

"Ye-"

"Just go to sleep."

"I want to but your smell makes it hard."

"I will murder you in your sleep."

"Just make sure to take a few good pictures for my socials before you burn my corpse."

He grabbed my hand and wrapped it around himself tighter. "Sleep."

I never expected for us to fall back into our routine so easily. It was almost as if the last month or so of me ignoring him beside work hadn't even happened. It reminded me of our first business trip together that caused our intimacy. Sure, it was reckless of me to sleep with my boss within the first week of my employment but hey, it worked out! Plus, I got my first cuddle buddy out of it. So, it wasn't entirely a bad idea.

After finishing the part of justifying my reckless behaviour to myself of my daily routine and setting my alarm, I took sometime to come up with a scenario to fall asleep to. But they quickly started morphing into some not so safe for work memories of the man in my arms. I restarted the scenario in my head. After a few failed attempts, I finally fell asleep.

********†********†********

I'm a naturally guilty person. It doesn't matter what for, but I always feel guilty. I wake up in the morning feeling guilty. So, of course, I woke up feeling guilty that I was staying at the Sinha's. That guilt made me feel like I absolutely had to do something for them. I tried to wake up at 5 a.m. to make breakfast. I managed to actually get up at 6 a.m. and realised that it wasn't sustainable but I could pull it off for a day. I ran downstairs to look for the kitchen. I prayed to the universe once again, hoping this time my prayers would be answered and I'll actually find the person I needed. Turned out I was in luck and I bumped into Meenu. She gave me a once over then began giggling.

Fully aware of what she was thinking, I decided to get to the point. "Please, I need my clothes. I have no idea how to put that fancy thing on."

"It's in your closet." She managed to say between her giggling as if it was the most obvious thing.

"My closet? I don't have it here. It's supposed to be here."

"It's in your room. The one you're staying in. Babu Da's room."

"Oh. Yeah. Right. Right."

"You didn't check the closet?"

"Didn't think to..."

She giggled again. "Were you busy?"

"I'm busy now. Bye."

I didn't respond any further as I went upstairs and used his attached bathroom to clean up. I checked the mirror cabinet and found a new toothbrush. I made a mental note to buy a new one to replace it when I buy the dustbin. I looked for my work clothes but couldn't find them. So, I picked something randomly to wear it for a while. Then went back downstairs to prepare the breakfast.