29

Vegas's P.O.V:

I was at the arm factory's reopening party with my father.

With miss Iris now the main partner for Kinn my father had no choice but to stay as an investor because he already lost a great sum of money.

But for some reason I couldn't bring myself to care anymore.

"This is my oldest son Vegas...I hope you two could get along" My father said smiling at the young woman in front of him.

I smiled thinly at miss Iris.

"Perhaps I should leave you two alone so you'd get to know each other" My father said.

Then patted my shoulder before leaving.

I sighed heavily and grabbed a shot from the counter.

Thankfully that woman didn't say anything either.

"Am I that terrible to look at?" She asked suddenly.

I raised an eyebrow.

She was a blonde tan skinned woman wearing a long black dress and luxurious accessories.

She had high cheekbones and dark intense eyes and long lustrous hair.

Slim and quite tall...She was only a few centimetres shorter then me and had an air of confidence and a sharp elegant charm.

In general any normal guy would have begged for a single glance from her.

"Oh well...You're free to leave it's not like I'll beg for company" She said shrugging.

Then sipped her drink.

I started drinking as well.

She chuckled and shook her head then patted my shoulder.

"You don't have to be so awkward I know you're into guys" She said.

I sighed heavily and put my glass down.

"But business is business...So unless you have a better proposal then what mr Anakin suggested...You and me are going to end up married" She said.

"It won't save my family anyway so I don't think this marriage is necessary" I said.

She folded her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow.

"So you do have a voice huh?" She asked.

I frowned.

"Like it or not I'm still mr Anakin's partner in the arm factory...Your father is just trying to get you involved with me because he wants a piece of the cake...I can have fun but I don't see why I'd turn my back on mr Anakin since his business empire seems to be more promising to work with" She said.

"And what exactly did my father propose?" I asked.

"A marriage between you and me will definitely get your family out of the pit considering that I'm quite prominent in Italy...But I believe in democracy so I'll ask clearly...What kind of relationship do you want with me?" She asked.