Chapter 27

Bronya's POV

Following the vote, we split into two teams and followed our choices.

Major Himeko, Mei Nee-sama and Dr.Tesla were to find Kiana while Dr.Einstein, Principal and Bronya were to help defend and bring back the gem of desire.

When we reached there, Matushka had told us that she had dropped the gem of desire into the sea of quanta to prevent it falling into Schicksal's hands incase they failed in defending.

Knowing matushka, it probably a trap but we didn't have a choice but to enter the sea of quanta to retrieve it.

We were to enter the sea of Quanta using a portal named the eye of the deep.

But just before the attempt, Dr.Einstein went missing after a mysterious attack.

To find the gem, Bronya jumped into the portal amidst the chaos.

There, Bronya met Joachim.

Joachim gave Bronya tests to see if she capable to retrieving it.

During the tests, Bronya found Seele, but she was stuck in the world in an infinite loop.

When we left from the world, Seele attacked Bronya.

It would seem that staying in the sea of quanta for too long, had made it difficult for Seele to come back home. So, when she was offered a chance to leave, she took it, but it came at a cost. She had to give the gem of desire to the Serpent who had helped Seele.

While Bronya wanted to help her but she couldn't support Seele to give the gem to the Serpent. It didn't have the right intentions as Joachim had explained.

The conversation ended with a fight, the battle tore at her heart and deepened her sorrows. Bronya couldn't win against Seele.

Bronya's consciousness faded as she fell into the gaping abyss. She felt weird, she couldn't feel anything....time itself seemed ephemeral....Confusion, loss and guilt...these emotions filled Bronya's heart in the deep darkness.

Only after hearing Joachim's voice calling out to her were Bronya able to see a spark in the dark void. She saw a blue butterfly. As she moved to it she heard the past voices and words for the people who left the impact on her.

"Seele will always be by your side, Bronya onee-chan!" Seele's voice spoke to her.

"Bronya, I heard you had bad experiences before you came here. But put it all behind you, Dear." Matushka's kind voice told Bronya.

"Relax and treat this place as your home....and us as your family." Himeko-Sensei said with a smile.

"Right and wrong doesn't answer every question in this world." [Simp-sama] The priest told Bronya.

"You're not doing it for others. You're doing it for yourself." Fu Hua or rather fenghuang down said to Bronya.

"Don't let others say who and what you will be. Make a choice yourself. You can do that can't you?" Onii-sama said with a smile. "Also People die when they are killed." Bronya deadpanned at the last sentence as his laughter faded.

"You hate me because I've killed your friends. HATRED DRIVES US BOTH!" 1st herrscher from the alternate world shouted at her as she fought him.

"Da Bronya is not 'you' and will never be you. " Bronya had answered the enraged 1st Herrscher.

"Your past has made you more resilient than any child your age. So...what will you do,Bronya? Where will you go?"