Chapter 42

3rd POV

"All units, level one battle stations! I repeat, level one battle stations!" The female voice said with urgency.

"What happened? Another case of mechas losing control? Inside the base?" Bronya asked.

She saw as Fu Hua came to her running.

"Bronya-san! Great, you're alright."

"Class monitor, what happened?"

"I don't know. The base is in chaos and comm links are not working."

"What about the others?"

"The doctors are trapped near the vault. The Principal and Mr.Yang sealed the hangars. Seele-san and Major Himeko is helping with evacuation. Silvia-san is looking for Kiana and Celine-san is.." She looked behind her.

Bronya looked behind Fu Hua and saw Sirin working on a system.

"She's trying to get our comms back up."

Unlike her usual goofy smile and overbearing demeanor. Her face was serious and she was in complete concentration.

Bronya looked at her in admiration for a second before Fu Hua continued.

"I haven't been able to talk to Kiana. Maybe she's engaging the intruders but we weren't sure so Silvia-san opted to find her." Fu Hua spoke thoughtfully.

"Looks like we won't be able to pinpoint the cause before the riot settles down."

"The priority is to join the two doctors. The vault keeps all the cores from the legion herrscher. We can't risk it."

"You two go ahead. I'll get this working in a minute and join you." Sirin said to them not taking her eyes away from the screen as lines on lines of codes appeared.

The two nodded and left to help the doctors.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kiana's POV

"......." I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead.

"......."

"Hey, are you deaf or what?"

"Or, your brain has stopped processing anything because you're in despair?"

"Kotaro Kano is dead. Dead! You hear me?" The puppet repeated.

"...." I opened my eyes and looked at the puppet annoyed.

"?" The puppet looked confused.

"No reaction at all? Hey, you're cold blood animal!"

"Then what do you expect me to do? Collapse to the ground and keep crying out 'This cannot be real'?"

"Or become demented and hurt myself just to feel better? If so.....I'm afraid you'd be disappointed."

"It shouldn't be this way." The puppet looked taken aback and looked genuinely confused.

"....Oh, I see. You're still playing tough and rejecting reality."

"You think we're lying? And this gem is fake? Trying to act calm as if nothing had happened?"

"Well, you're going to find out if this gem is the real deal."

Honkai beasts with the power of fire appeared and started attacking me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kotaro's POV

I tossed the empty juice can into void and watched from far as Kiana fought off the beasts.