Chapter 34

Kotaro's POV

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

.

"Huh?" I was confused why was I on the  road.

There was a crowd.

"Are you okay, kid?!" A middle aged burly man with dense beard appeared with concern in his eyes.

He bend down and checked me for injuries.

"No injuries. Good. *phew* I thought I hit you, you know?" He stood up and looked at the crowd gathered.

"Please leave! Let the boy have some air!" He waved at the crowd. The people reluctantly scattered away.

Contrary to his appearance he seemed to be gentleman.

I slowly stood up.

"I'm sorry for troubling you." I said as I bowed.

"No, no its alright. All that matters is that you're safe.....here." He bend down, picked up a small bag from ground and handed it to me.

"Isn't it yours?"

I took it and thanked him again.

"Then, I'll take my leave, young man. Be careful now." He went to his truck and sat in the driver seat.

After a final wave, the truck roared to life and went its way. I watched it as it took a right far end of the road.

I looked at the blue sky. It was only noon now and I almost died today.

"Better get back." I trudged my way back home.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . .

"Nii-chan! Late!" Rino shouted while being sprawled out on the sofa, using her phone.

"Why am I late?" I took of my shoes and put in neatly.

"Weren't you buying something for me?"

"Is my dearest sister still sleeping? I was buying only for myself." I said with huff.

"Ehhhhhh! But what about me?"

"You have legs, don't you? Try walking to the shop."

"You're so mean! I hate you!"

I sighed.

"I almost died and you're worried about juice, you little shit." I put a packet of apple juice on the table near her.

"Ohh! So you did buy me. Love you, Nii-chan!" She said picking it up and inspecting it. "Also what were talking about?"

"I almost got made into tomato sauce by a truck on the way here."

"Uhuh. That's sad." She said sipping on the juice and swiping through her phone.

I narrowed my eyes and threw a cushion at her.

"Ow!"

"I'm going to sleep for a bit. Call me when dinner's ready." I said as walked up the stairs and towards my room.

"Okaaay~"

I opened the door and saw inside.

It felt like I haven't been here for years.

The blue wallpaper with an old AC on the wall.

A bed which looked so comfortable that I felt like I would sleep the moment I fall in.