Chapter 80

Kotaro's POV

"Blood knight: Moonlight, limiter removed."

Her voice echoed on the space, making it seem as if the formerly growling honkai beasts too were silently anticipating her move.

"Feed on my bones, my flesh, my all-" She said with absolute determination.

She gave me one last look, from which I could almost hear her saying, 'I got this!', and closed her eyes.

"Vishnu!"

For a second it seemed nothing happened. It was dead silent and it felt like moment seem to last forever.

Until it didn't.

A violent purple fog surrounded the principal and I felt myself almost swept of my feet and pulled towards it. But I persisted.

The ice from the cold sword, which kept the honkai beasts from reaching the center, broke down and disappeared into the purple fog.

Now no longer restrained, the honkai beasts could move towards Theresa freely now.

Well....No.

The fog pulled them in and their growls ceased not long after.

The fog eased at front and gave me a view of the inside.

The flames which was dancing before was now burning silently. It seemed like a tantrum throwing child after being scolding.

Looking past the silent flames, I saw her. Her eyes were still closed peaceful. I could even see a small smile tug her lips. Her body wasn't that of a child anymore, her battlesuit had changed and now looked like a ceremonial garb.

Her hands stretched towards the flames and yet didn't touch it, instead the purple fog slowly reached out and touched the flames.

"....!" She slowly opened her eyes, seemingly shocked.

As she looked at her pale and long hands, a number of emotions passed by her eyes.

She looked happy and yet wanted to cry at the same time.

It seems she finally remembered me as she looked around until her eyes finally fell on me.

Her eyes lit up with a child like joy as she noticed me.

I winked at her and gave her a thumbs up, eliciting a small smile from her.

Our 'talk' was disturbed when the growls from honkai beasts were heard by us again. I looked at the end of the platforms and saw them make their way up.

"Kotaro."

I turned and looked at Theresa who gave me a reassuring smile.

"Leave this to me and take a break. You've been working hard, haven't you?" She said softly and closed her eyes again.

"Come." She directed her voice at the enemies coming to her. "I will devour you all, no matter how many times it takes."

The dark fog extended its tendrils, pulling all the climbing beasts towards it and devoured them all, leaving nothing left.

And what about me?

I lifted my 'weapon' and started taking pictures of Theresa from different angles.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Principal Theresa! Onii-chan!" I heard Seele call out from afar.

I lifted my head and saw her along with Ai.

They soon reached us and I greeted them with a smile.

Seele got down on knees and checked Theresa, who's head was on my lap.