Mei's Birthday

Mei's POV

I closed my diary. Today is my birthday. But it seems nobody remembered it. Nobody had wished me 'happy birthday', not even Kotaro or Kiana-chan.

I guess they forgot. These few days it has been quite busy with the exams coming up and Kotaro's frequent disappearances.

I looked outside the window, the sky was orange. It was already evening. I got up from my chair. Time to go make dinner.

"......." Should I.....remind them that it is my birthday?.....No..it's not worth disturbing them.

Walking outside my room I saw that Kotaro was looking angrily into the refrigerator.

"Is something wrong?" Kotaro looled at me while holding the door to the refrigerator open.

"Well...you see Mei. A certain Tuna ate up everything in the refrigerator, including the ingredients I had kept for dinner." He turned his anger at Kiana-chan who was laying down on the sofa.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Ko-senpai." She said looking away whistling.

Yeah, she definitely did. I sighed as I looked at the time. I could go buy the ingredients and come back but it will be dark.

"I'll go buy them from the Supermarket." I said as I took my purse and walked to the door.

"I'll come along." Kotaro said as joined me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wait a minute......

Me and Kotaro are going to the market together.

Together?

......

Does that mean this is a date?! I could feel my face warming up.

"........." I took a glance at Kotaro, who noticed and smiled at me. Yep, my face is red.

"You okay? Your face is red again."

"Ah, it's alright. It's just the light from the sun." Thankfully the sun is setting.

"Oh ok if you say so."

I looked through the ingredients picking out the fresh ones. When I looked to the side, Kotaro had vanished.

"Kotaro?" I called out. I took the bag with the ingredients and looked around.

Then I came across a man advertising perfume.

"Hey there, miss!" He said excitedly. "Want to try this on? It will get boys to fall in love with ya!"

I stopped.

"R-really?" I asked curiously.

"Of course! Since you're cute I'll even give you 25% discount too." He smiled.

I took a sample. It smelled quite good.
If I use this....maybe...

"Mei?" I heard Kotaro's voice and panicked letting go of the perfume.

"Oh!" Before it reached the ground. Kotaro caught it.

"Phew. That was close." The Salesman said.

"It sure was." Kotaro kept it back.

"You sure have a interesting boyfriend, miss."

"O-Ohk." Kotaro put his hands on my shoulder and slowly pushed me towards the counter, laughing.

"Where were you, Kotaro?" I questioned him.

"I was buying this." He showed a box.

"For who?"