Chapter 24

Four months after The events at Schicksal HQ

Himeko's POV

"......."

"I don't think we can trust him, Theresa." I talked to Theresa who was looking out of the window towards Arc city.

"I know we can't but it's our only lead on Kiana."

The screen near us showed the picture of a white haired girl in blank tank top and black cap.

I crossed my arms.

"I admit it is but..."

"Leaving that aside, how are you feeling?" She asked with a worried look.

"Feeling good as new." I said with a confident smile. She sighed.

"Aren't you going to tell me how you're doing fine, when 4 months ago your health was quite bad?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

I shook my head.

"I have no idea." She pouted and turned around and looked outside the window again.

"Fine! You don't need to tell me. I know it's something related to Kotaro. I'll find out when he gets back." She fumed.

"..Do you still believe he will?" I asked.

"Until we find a body....we can't rule out that he is alive." She said. I couldn't see her reaction as her back was towards me.

"......."

4 months ago, before Kotaro disappeared he removed the honkai infection from me, making me healthy again. No, it would be more accurate to say that he absorbed it. Seeing the infection appeared on him instead.

He used his strange powers to save me and I cannot reveal it to Theresa until he himself comes and says so.
That boy...that day I should have died but he gave me another chance.

I will not waste this time he has given me. I looked at the photo of kiana on the screen. I will bring her back to us.

"I'll go and find the other two before we head out."

"I'll join you." Theresa joins me as we walk out of the room.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
In the streets of arc city

Mei's POV

"Principal Theresa, we have entered Arc city. No sign of us being followed or monitored." Bronya-chan told Principal Theresa.

"Roger. Maintain contact with Dr.Einstein." She replied to her.

I was alert as I looked around. The city glowed in the night.

"Mei?" I heard my name being called out. I turned to Principal Theresa.

"Secure the perimeters."

"Yes." I nodded.

"We'll find that icky serpent guy and get this over with." She said as she looked ahead.

"Can't they just send the Intel to me by email or HOMU chat? This is so stupid and old school." She fumed and pouted.

"Da Bronya suspects that they are trying to avoid data theft or leakage."

"Hmmm...maybe this means the Intel is super valuable."

I looked at map. This city sure was huge.

"So this is Arc city. It's way bigger than I thought. Such prosperous cities were a rare sight, even before the Eruption." I said in wonder.