Chapter 25

Mei's POV

Before we could get the information from gray serpent. He was killed. So we took the biochip in his arm and went to his hideout to obtain the information.

But we found only a young girl who was used to collect data from web for gray serpent. She called herself, Ningyo.

Her brain was fused with a quantum computer to give her immense processing powers. So she was able to filter out data at the whim of Gray serpent.

Since she didn't want to cooperate with us. Bronya-chan suggested taking her back to Hyperion to get help from Dr.Einstein and Dr.Tesla.

I was asked to stay behind by Principal because she felt that we were being followed.

And she was right, as I was waiting Rita appeared. I confronted her and stopped her till others were far. I retreated when Principal called me back.

After moving far from her, I contacted Principal. There I was informed by Bronya that there was a tracker placed on me.

To mislead Rita I changed my direction away from them. But unfortunately Rita found them using the broken mechs and the fighting.

Rita used gray serpent's eye to order Ningyo to upload the data and self destruct.

Thankfully, the self destruct was a formatting reboot. Other than losing her memory, she didn't die.

But this puts hinge in our plan to find Kiana. To somehow try to change it, we brought back Ningyo to Hyperion to get Dr.Einstein and Dr.Tesla to take a look at her.

"We failed...we couldn't locate Kiana." Principal spoke dejected.

"Don't blame yourself, Madam Theresa. You escaped Rita's hunt and brought back Ningyo. Its our last hope." Dr.Einstein encouraged.

"Well, she is as dangerous as before." Himeko-Sensei complained.

"Ugh. Are we talking about that evil woman again?" Dr.Tesla groaned.
"I swear I'll tie her up, stuff her into a cannon, and fire it!"

"Anyway, how do we get the data from this little cutie?" Himeko-Sensei said she patted Ningyo on her head, who seemed looked up at Himeko-Sensei, tilting her head. She ignored Dr.Tesla which riled her up.

"Oi! Don't ignore me!"

"Dr.Tesla, I know it's hard for you but atleast lower your voice." Dr.Einstein sighed as Dr.Tesla just pouted.

"And to answer your question, Himeko. The database has been formatted. All functions were shut down. I'll try to restore the data. All the data on her quantum drive were erased, but fortunately part of her brain structure is still human." Dr.Einstein explained.

"I shall attempt memory recall and access her human brain data. We'll need to give her a new ego."

I glanced and Ningyo who seemed confused what's happening so she just turned and hugged Himeko-Sensei who was patting her.

Himeko-Sensei was surprised for a second but continued patting her head.

"Well..just don't make it too painful for her." She said worriedly looking at Dr.Einstein, who nodded. She laid Ningyo on the table, and connected a few cables to Ningyo and started typing on the floating keyboard.

"Restoration failed. The formatting was quite extreme. I must use another approach." She said and looked at the Principal.

"Madam Theresa, I'll need to use the Hyperion's processors."

"Understood. The password is TERITERI."

Einstein nodded and went back to the system. Himeko-Sensei, Bronya-chan and me stared at Principal. She blushed.