Chapter 22

Kotaro's POV

"Slice and dice, slice and dice. This is the end of your life~" I chopped them more and more.

"Heheh...almost done.." I gave a final cut and the some part of it hit my face. I wiped it off with a towel nearby.

"Kotaro....." I heard my name called out so I turned around with the knife in hand.

"More chopping?" I asked with a smile.

"No, we are done but why are you singing and cutting?" Mei asked seemingly a bit afraid.

"Oh. I was just trying to pass time." I said with a smile.

By the way I was chopping vegetables for the dinner. I have to obey what Mei and Kiana says for a week after all. So when i returned I asked her what help she needed and was given the task of cutting vegetables for now.

Speaking of the girl, where is she?

"Mei? You know where Kiana is?"

"Hmm? Oh. I thought she said something about going to Principal's office to see her. Wait. You didn't see her?"

"....?!" My face paled.

Shit, it just clicked. Isn't this the part where Kiana....?

Why the hell did I remember it only now?!

"Mei!"

"Yes?" She asked tilting her head.

"I need to go find her. Sorry for not completing my work." I said as I put on my jacket and walked towards the door.

"Oh it's alright. You were done with what I gave you anyway. Tell her to hurry up for dinner ok?"

"Ok! Love you!" I said as I bolted out of the room as I heard a plate drop and small shriek. I wonder what happened.

No, this is more important.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Damn it! Not good! I'm way too late to prevent Kiana from entering the simulation. Change of plans.

Sil:'Master?'

'I'm counting on you, Sil."

Kiana's POV

"Hello? Anyone? Dammit. There's no signal here. What is this place?" I tried to talk through the comms but nothing.

"I was right behind Theresa, but she's gone as well." I looked forward and saw the huge structure again.

"All I can see is that tower. So I'll move there."

I walked through the snow making my way to the tower.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
While walking I came across a sword stabbed into the snow. It seemed like a quest item from the games Bronya plays.

"This Seems familiar." I scrunched my forehead while thinking.

Oh! I clapped my fist to the my palm.It looks like Ko-senpai's sword. I walked near it. No doubt. It looks way too similar but the blue light of it is darker than it was with Ko-senpai.

"To think that Master was right. Curiosity would really stop people in their tracks. How interesting." A cool female voice said.

"Who's there?!" I turned back to find no one there. I took out my pistols ready to face anything.

"Calm down." I heard the voice from behind where the sword was. When I turned I saw a girl with black hair and red eyes which seems to draw me in. Her face was emotionless. She removed the sword from the ground and looked at me.