Chapter 17

3rd POV (July 2016)

The sirens were blaring loudly in the city warning its inhabitants.

"Major, unidentified flying object sighted above Soukai city! Location: SH0639.
Optical readings cannot discern the nature of this UFO.
No bio-energy readings.
Scans of the UFO interiors have failed!" The female voice echoed round the city.

A large screen on a huge building changed the content of its display to red screen with the words 'Air raid' and below it was written 'code 404 emergency'

"Clusters of small Honkai Beasts and Mech units detected.
Battle plan deployed and validated." The female voice said as a large number of honkai beasts flew towards the city.

"Deploying drones to cover Valkyrie boarding action!"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Double time, Kiana!" A red haired woman said to her earpiece as she looked at her screen towards the white haired valkyrie on the roof of a building.

"Aye aye, madam! Don't rush me. It's hard work out here!" Kiana replied as few drones flew above her head towards the approaching honkai beasts.
One crashed into a beast causing an explosion.

Kiana calmly clicked a button on her headpiece making a visor appear on her face then taking a few steps forward she jumped and turning her body back, she lifted her leg towards the sky.

"Nekoooo....charm!" She brought her leg  down and at the same time a cat paw appeared and hit down on the drone which was about to crash into her.

The drone front hit the ground and its rear flipped up.

"Geez. Maintain discipline, soldier." Himeko spoke as she facepalmed.

She then turned her attention towards the other screen.

"How's the evacuation coming, ground unit?" She asked as she looked at the black haired boy directing the citizens to safety.

Before he could answer, 3 honkai beasts flying top seemed to notice the crowd and came down. The remaining few citizens who hadn't escaped yet  gasped and started running towards the entrance. In their hurry they pushed a boy away and the mother separated from the running crowd to save him.

The mother wrapped her hands round her son in a protective manner and as they both saw one of the three came towards them.

She closed her eyes and waited for her death but nothing came. When she opened her eyes she saw beast just centimeters away from them.

The black haired youth had caught the beast by its tail and yeeted it towards the other two making all three fall towards the ground.

"Now!" He screamed at someone else.

"Acknowledged." A silver haired girl with drills appeared and the robot behind her shot the three killing them.

He looked the mother and son and smiled in a assuring way. The son looked at him with stars in his eyes while the mother bowed apologetically while thanking him for saving them.

"It's alright, go on in. It's safe."

She bowed and took her son along with her to the shelter.

He nodded towards the silver haired girl who nodded back with an emotionless face.

"As you can see, Major. All is well here." He answered back to his superior.

Himeko nodded approvingly.

"How's Kiana doing?" He asked her.

Himeko looked towards the screen showing the drone, Kiana was riding crash into a building causing one half to fall to the building close by.