Chapter 13

Kotaro's POV

She raised her arms as if calling for a hug.

"You're not going to give your matushka a hug?"

"No." She feels so different from her game personality. Scary.

She put on a sad smile and looked down. "I..understand. I have been a terrible parent."

Ugh...dammit..while I don't a flying crap about this but something in me is forcing me. I took a step ahead and before she let down her arms, I hugged her. She was shocked as she didn't expect it but she soon hugged back.

We stood there like that for a moment before I broke the hug and took a step back.

"Now back to business, Matushka. Why are you here?"

"Would you believe me if I said I just wanted to have a talk with my son?"

I narrowed my eyes at her and she sighed.

"Guess not." Her entire demeanor changed back to her proud self. Back to the Cocolia we know and love.

"Come back Kotaro. Help me in my research to bring her back." I looked at silently.

"I have an idea how to bring her back but for that I would need the herrscher. Only you and Bronya can help me with that. "

"I know both of you definitely will not help me with this. But still I want to ask.
Will you join me?" She asked.

"......." Seems like she took my silence as refusal to her request.

"I see. Well then I-" I cut her off.

"Alright." She looked shocked.

"R-really?"

"Yes." She looked quite happy.

"But Bronya is a big no and I won't leave St.Freya for now." She nodded.

"It's fine. You can stay there for now, I will tell you when to act. Though it may be a bit while later of course."

"If that's all." I turned around to leave but was stopped by a hand catching my arm.

"Now now what's the hurry?" She was back in her Matushka personality. "Hang out with your Matushka for a bit. Don't you want to know how the girls back home?" I hesitated, while I already knew they were alright, wouldn't hurt to know more I guess.

".....Alright." She smiled and dragged to a Cafe.

Timeskip

She talked to me for hours about the twins antics. About how they drank a stored honkai medicine and grew some honkai like features to their body. They running away from home to become idols. They even seemed to have tried to look for me during the trip but failed in both cases and returned home.

Sin was initiated as a new member of anti-entropy. She was quite enthusiastic to impress Cocolia. She was also the reason that Cocolia came to ask me to join her again. It seems she believed what I told her last time during the chiyou incident.

I had told her that I would be returning as to Matushka soon and join her to find Seele. Which made Cocolia curious and thus what happened today.

I sighed and looked at the sky. It was dark. We really did talk for hours. Well can't say I didn't enjoy it. I also realised that beneath her thirst for knowledge and experiments related to honkai, she seemed like a mother. And she even stopped with the X-10 experiments after what happened to Seele and Bronya.

I reached the dorm and realised that it was dark. The door seemed locked .Seems like they were all sleeping. I took a key from my pocket, I had put in my pocket for situations like these.