42 - Spring Break (3)

Start from the beginning

"Not everything in this world is about you." I gave him a blank look.

"Then why is she acting weird since we came here? She doesn't want to share the room with me nor let me kiss her or touch her-"

"Spare me the detail." I gagged, cutting me off. "And maybe she got her senses."

"If I hear a single word from your mouth-"

"Then what will you do?" I asked, standing face to face with him.

"I have already warned you." He narrowed his eyes, but I saw a flash of panic in his eyes.

"You should worry about yourself." I plastered a fake smile on my face. "I am not a fortune teller, but I can feel your future is not in your favor."

"What?" He scowled, but I ignored him and walk toward Tiana and the others to help them cook.

~•~ • ~•~ • ~•~

"That was delicious!" Ben beamed, leaning his back on the chair and everyone agreed with him.

"It sure was." Andrew grinned.

"Especially the dessert." Toby plopped the spoon full of cake that Nate made in his mouth.

"The meat was a minor burn." Jordan gave a sheepish smile. "But it was tasteful."

"I'm full!" Louis patted his tummy.

"But you hardly ate anything." Chloe pouted, looking at his plate.

"I'll finish it for him," Madeleine smirked, picking a shashlik from his plate.

"Stop it Maddie, or else you'll explode." Brittany scowled.

After spending three days with them, I came to know that Brittany is the mama bear of the group and Nate is the daddy who knows how to cook.

"Don't worry, my darling. I can handle it." Madeleine said with a mouth full, making Brittany gag.

"I think I ate too much," Nate grumbled, getting up from the table. "I'm going for a walk."

"And I'm sleepy." Tiana yawned.

"Me too." David gave her a puppy look, which she ignored.

"Who is going to do the dishes?" Toby pointed out, and everyone looked at each other.

That was the beginning of the war. Everyone pointed at each other to do the remaining chores, and no one was actually ready to do it. In the end, we played rock, paper scissors and whoever lost will do the work.

Here I was, standing in the kitchen, washing the dishes. Yup, you assumed it right. I lost, but guess who I was against?

Brittany.

She effortlessly won from me, then grinned and strode to her room. As for the others, Chloe lost from Tiana and David from Madeleine, so they were sweeping the floor. Jordan lost from Nate and his task was to clean the kitchen counter and the mess Nate created while baking.

"Here you go." Ben placed the dishes on the counter. "I can't believe I lost from Louis." He grumbled. He had to wrap the dining table and bring all the dishes inside.

"Luck was on his side tonight." I giggled and took the plates from him.

"These were the last ones. I'm going to bed now." He sighed in relief and then whispered. "Toby is waiting for me." He winked at me, and my eyes widened.

Chuckling, he walked away, and I shook my head, walking towards the sink, then placed the dishes next to Andrew, who was also lost from Toby and was assigned to wash the dishes with me.