His fears

I'm so sorry, Y/N. It seems that he recognized me. I can't understand how that happened." His mother said with a sigh as she took a seat beside you as soon as Jungkook left.

"Yes. It seems that way." Your eyes saddened while looking depressed towards the path he walked off. "It seems that after everything... he never forgot his mother."

"You will not go after him?" Her husband, a middle-aged man asked you, voice soft, warm eyes as he looked your way. He seemed restless, like he didn't know what to do with himself. Debating on if it was better to say anything or if he should sit next to you and comfort you while staying silent.

"No. Right now he wouldn't want to have anything to do with me. It's better to give him some space. Besides, I trust him. I know he can take care of himself and arrive home safely." You warmly smiled at the man. It was the first time you saw him but even so, you weren't cautious when it came to him. He looked genuinely concerned so you decided to give them both a chance. They seemed good people. The man's appearance screamed rich but remained honest and generous. You could see what Jungkook's mother saw in him. He spread kindness and light. And not in the last, he seemed reliable.

"I don't want you two to fight because of me, Y/N. I'm so sorry. I only wished to see him for a few minutes. I was thinking only about myself and my needs and didn't think about the consequences of my actions. I should have taken into consideration the possibility of Jungkook recognizing me. He is so sensitive when it comes to trusting someone due to his experience with people. I'm afraid that he will take everything in the wrong way and end up believing that you are on my part thus against him. All your efforts and patience..."

"My efforts and patience will not be wasted. Nothing ever comes easy, when you are trying to build something. I will not regret anything. Besides, he will not leave me. Because he knows deep inside that I will always want what's better for him. Right now he is just a little... Disappointed in me. He is hurt." Your heart twisted painfully. "But... He knows me. He knows that I will never do something to harm him deliberately."

"What happened, Y/N?" Mingyu was the first person I came across as soon as I entered his house.

"He is here?" I asked while taking my shoes off.

"He has just arrived a few minutes ago. I couldn't ask him anything. He didn't give me the opportunity as he shoved me away before locking himself in his bedroom." Mingyu told me with a frown.
"What happened?" He asked as he helped me take my jacket off.

"He saw his mother and now he hates me I guess. I'm sure it wasn't that hard to figure out that I was the one planning the whole thing. Especially after I mentioned his mother."

"Was he furious?" I asked, my shaking voice giving my anxiety away.

"No. He looked... hurt." Mingyu let me know as he hung the jacket up.

"I think you should have prepared him first before bringing his mother into the equation." Mingyu softly said. I could feel his eyes burning me.

I bit the inside of my cheek.
"I'm sure he never wanted to see her, Mingyu. No matter what I would have said it wouldn't have worked. And for him to get better he needs this closure with his mother. He has to know that he was loved and wanted. He still is."

"I know it's painful to him. It's frightening having to face the past over and over. It's like a never-ending circle. And I'm so sorry for doing this to him. It kills me that I have to be the one who hurts him. But what can I do? There are so many things to take care of. I don't even know where to start and where to end it. There is Naeun who clearly has some evidence that Jungkook is the victim here. There are Mark and Kai who I have no idea who the heck they are and what they are capable of. And now his mother. I think I'm starting to freak out a little here."