twenty seven

~Agony~

"Y/N. We need to talk." You jumped at Mingyu's whispered and creepy voice in your ear. You were preparing breakfast when Mingyu's sudden presence behind you almost gave you a heart attack.

"I mean I kinda understand your need to stay glued to each other, as you barely allow yourselves to breathe without one another. After all, I was forced to wait hours and hours for you to actually get out of your bubble. Sometimes you have to take into consideration that, maybe, somewhere out there, some frustrated people could be waiting to have a moment with you." He added a little irritated.

You slowly turned around and pointed the silver knife you were holding all this time toward him, "Never do this again," you threatened, totally ignoring his last statement.

Mingyu grinned at your fearsome expression.

"It doesn't work."

You frowned confused.

"No matter how much you try, you can't get scarier than Jungkook. Remember? I was beaten up and almost killed by him, there's nothing in this world scarier than that moment."

You turned up your nose at that then your expression softened. You felt bad about Mingyu. He was too kind-hearted, to deserve what Jungkook did to him. "Jungkook told me about your suggestion. I'm happy that you trust him this much. I have faith that everything will work out wonderfully and help him open up."

Mingyu's sudden bright smile melted the atmosphere around you. You smiled back. You couldn't help it. It was his effect. Mingyu was the opposite of Jungkook. No matter what, even if he was finding himself in the deepest shit, he would still smile, his eyes still holding light and joy.
You had come to care about him a lot. He was the only one who had helped you and stuck with you no matter the consequences. You had no idea how to repay him for everything he had done for you and Jungkook and still does. And you had the feeling you will never get that chance.

"I wanted to ask you how everything went. Did you find out something important while hypnotizing him? Did he remember anything that happened that night?"

"Yes, Y/N. Jungkook didn't kill my brother and his family. "

Your eyes widened in astonishment. "What?" Your body went limp as you tried to wrap your head around what Mingyu was telling you.

"Is this a joke?"

"No. Jungkook couldn't remember anything from that night because my brother drugged him. When the massacre occurred he was unconscious most of the time."

You laughed. You couldn't help it. "This definitely must be a stupid joke." You kept on laughing but eventually stopped seeing Mingyu's serious expression. You slammed the knife you were holding against the table.

"Don't fuck with me Mingyu! You can't tell me that after he went through hell in that prison, he was innocent, to begin with! Don't you dare to come up with this stupid theory." You pointed your finger in his direction angrily. "You told me you were sure that he was the culprit... You... The police... The court. Everyone made sure to investigate and gather enough evidence to come up with that conclusion. There was the weapon, the motives and God knows what else. All the evidence was against Jungkook."

"If they fucked up- " Your eyes sparkled dangerously, "-I'll make sure to see them rot in prison."

"It was Jin." Mingyu breathed out. "He had become obsessed with Jungkook. He tried to sabotage his life because he was jealous and controlling. This way luring Jungkook to search for his help and have him locked in his cage."