seventeen

~Enemies or allies?~

"He is Kai," Jennie informed me with a broad smile glued on her beautiful features. Her face was shining like a diamond.

I took his extended hand and gave it a little squeeze. I smiled but internally I was slowly dying. What the heck did she need me for? Jennie practically forced me to leave Mingyu's house and accompany her to buy a new dress for a party that was to be held on Sunday. This guy's party to be more exact.

But why me? Since when were we friends? The last time I checked, her eye-balls would blaze with anger every time I was in her sight. If she could have her way, my head would have been hanging by some threads with the first opportunity.

Kai smiled troubled. I felt like he wasn't very comfortable around Jennie. Only five minutes inside this mall and we had already met those guys "coincidentally." He wasn't alone. Soon another one approached us and I could tell from a glance that they knew each other.

Jennie was acting too weird for me to believe that it was just a pure coincidence. Maybe I hadn't finished my studies, but I could read into someone's behavior.

Kai was beautiful. I couldn't describe him otherwise. He had black hair, black eyes, very pretty and attractive, and tanned skin. Also, he was taller than me. I guess he must have been around 1.80m.

"He is my friend, Mark. " Kai introduced the other guy as soon as the latter approached us.

Mark had strong masculine facial features, mainly his jawline. His hair looked like smoking fire.
I focused on his eyes, which were black as they gleamed in the light. But there was something else in them- trouble and malice.

I couldn't understand how this guy could be close to the other one. Kai seemed the opposite. He radiated calmness, confidence, and kindness. I couldn't associate him with Jennie as well. From where did they know each other?

We smiled at each other as we shook hands, my smile slowly fading away as Mark delayed releasing my hand.

"Now can you look for that dress already, Jennie? I feel like I am starting to lose my patience. " I told her as soon as I caught her attention. I wasn't the type to hide my feelings, especially when I didn't like someone's company. So, I couldn't care less about the two boys who were chuckling at my boldness.

"Why not go to a cafe bar first? It's been a long time since I saw Kai and I would love to catch up with him. You can come as well." She added as her gaze shifted to Mark while wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

I stiffened. I felt like I was on the verge of exploding right then and there.

Mark smirked delightfully.
I frowned.

I accompanied her for Mingyu. When she proposed to go out together, Mingyu's eyes lit up. I knew how much he wanted us to get along so, I couldn't refuse while he was there. He's always been there for me, so this was the least I could do for him.
But I couldn't come to like her no matter how hard I tried. There was something inside her that repulsed me. There was nothing I could do about the matter. The person who had slept with Jungkook and was still looking for ways to get back into his bed wasn't someone I wanted to be close to.

I have to put up with her for a few more hours. It couldn't be that hard, right?

Drawing in a deep breath, I rubbed my hands down the front of my red pants. I tried to hide the displeasure I felt around Mark as I noticed that he was constantly trying to hold my gaze.

The way his eyes roamed over my body made me realize that it would be a bad move to be left alone with the guy. I responded with a pointed look and he shrugged back as his smile grew.

You let out a deep breath as you closed the door behind you and leaned on it. Finally, after what seemed like forever, you managed to get rid of Jennie and her friends. Still, you had to spend a whole hour in their company before finding an excuse to leave.

You closed your eyes as you recalled Kai's words. You had no idea what to think of that boy.

"You seem so different from Jennie. " He laughed shyly as he scratched the side of his neck awkwardly. As soon as Jennie and Mark left the table to use the bathroom, Kai took that as an opportunity to talk to you.

He smiled at you and bit his lip as he studied your features.

"I hope you will come to my party. I would like to know you better and, why not, become closer." He blushed after he let those words out.

"I am sorry. I can't. I already- "

"You can bring him as well. I am sure he needs to get out of that house, don't you think so too? "

He knew about him. You thought to yourself. Did Jennie tell him? Of course, she did. She is the only one who knows apart from Mingyu and me. Why? And how much did she tell him? Can he be trusted?

You closed your eyes for a brief moment. When you opened them again, your gaze locked with Jungkook's. He was sitting at the table in the middle of the living room, his mouth full of cookies. You prepared those for him this morning before leaving with Jennie.

He stopped chewing as soon as he saw you. Instead, he choked and started to cough. His cheeks flushed remembering what had happened between the two of you last night.

His first instinct was to stand up and run away from your sight, and eventually hide somewhere. Or maybe hide under the table. But at the last minute he remembered that he was a grown man so, he had to act like one.

He avoided your eyes.

You smiled. Of course, you were a blushing mess yourself but seeing him more embarrassed than you somehow made things easier.

You hesitated for a moment, not knowing what to do or say. In the morning, when you woke up, he wasn't there next to you. You were a little disappointed but he had his reasons why he preferred to run away again. Because that was what he was doing. What he had always been doing.
After last night, now your feelings were much more intense than before if that was even possible. You felt like walking up to him and holding him, but something inside you stopped you from doing so. Again the same question lingered in your head.
What was it between the two of you?

Did something change?

What did he want?
What were his expectations? Did he even have any?

Was he yours now?

Your eyes saddened as you straightened up and took a few steps toward him.
Jungkook swallowed hard before looking at you again, his eyes catching yours.

You smiled a little as you tilted your head to one side.

Your smile grew wider the moment he smiled back, his eyes glistening like two diamonds under the white chandelier placed above the table.

"Hi", you caressed his cheek lovingly.

Your heart was beating fast as he looked into your eyes.

With a deeper blush, you leaned in and brushed his lips with yours.
"Why did you leave?" You asked as you brought your foreheads together.

"I kinda ran away", Jungkook answered honestly. Then he laughed softly.
"You have a weird effect on my emotions and attitude. With you, I become someone I don't recognize. Not that I know who I am anyway. But you make things a little more difficult."

"Are you complaining?" You frowned.

"Nope. Not at all." Jungkook whispered as he took your cheeks into his hands. "You actually keep my mind busy with something else besides my daily nightmares." He chuckled before kissing the corner of your mouth.

"I thought you would act as if nothing happened." You bit your lips under his intense gaze as you felt your whole face flush red instantly.

Jungkook smirked.
"Did something happen? "

"Damn you." You huffed as you tried to pull away from him, but Jungkook was faster as he quickly encircled his arms around your waist. He revealed your stomach and placed a light kiss there.
Then he laid his head on your stomach and hugged you tightly.

Your chest instantly warmed up at his cuteness.

"I love you, my noona. "