forty three

~Running away together~

Your pov

I grabbed my bag and plopped it on the mattress.
When it was coming to him, I was always prepared for anything. Why? Because no matter what, I wanted to protect him. And I was ready to do everything it took for that.

I pulled out from my bag a black mask and a black cap for him. Then a black cap for me.
I was ready to take him out of there, and I didn't give a shit about cameras or what my parents would say or do. I will be a step ahead of them anyways.

"Y/N..."

I looked toward Jungkook as he was looking restlessly my way.
"What are you doing? You do know that we can't possibly get out of here, right? There are doctors, nurses and not to mention guards at the entrance.
You will get in trouble. "

"I just have to walk ahead of you and make sure no one is around, then you will follow when I will make a sign that the path is clear. And about the guards, I will think of something to distract them. It can't be that hard." I said as I covered his mouth with the black mask.

"Why are you doing this? I never did anything for you. Actually, I was mean all the time. I even hurt you and almost killed you."

"Didn't I already tell you why am I doing all this? But you are too stubborn to understand. Or you can't understand, or maybe you don't want to understand." I whispered as I placed the cap on his head.

Jungkook let out a deep sigh as his eyes stopped in mine, his hand clasping my shoulder.
"And where will you take me, huh Y/N? "

"Far away from everything and everyone. Somewhere where you can feel safe. Somewhere where it will be only the two of us. Where I could fix you."

Jungkook laughed at that.
"Fix me? I am not a toy which can be easily fixed Y/N."

"I am not going anywhere. I have all the time."

"No? So you will give up on everything and become a fugitive. And all this just for me? " Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Please Y/N. You can't possibly be this stupid. I am not worth the trouble. Besides, you will gain nothing. It has no sense, what the heck are you trying to do? Look at me. I have nothing to give you. No matter what you do, no matter what you say, I will never be able to return your feelings. Don't waste your time on someone who is broken."

"Shut up. I don't expect anything from you.
And it's my life and this is the path I choose. If I will not do what I feel, I will regret it for the rest of my life. I will not leave you all alone. So you have no choice but to endure my annoying presence. It's your fault for barging like this into my life."

"Actually it is the other way around," Jungkook whispered, his fingers on the mask as he was adjusting it on his face.

And he was right. Jungkook never asked anyone to save him. He was alright the way he was before meeting you. He had no idea of his existence. He was alive, just breathing, but without being conscious of what was happening to him. And it was perfect that way. It was everything he ever wanted. To not feel anything. To not think. To not have anything to do with people.
Just to sleep and never wake up in a world where he couldn't fit, inside a sick mind which will never allow him to live peacefully.

But you destroyed everything.
You and your presence destroyed his peaceful world. Now those unbearable feelings were once again within him, those feelings he will carry for the rest of his life.
He tried to make you understand that he was a lost cause, but you were still there holding his hand in yours and stubbornly never letting him go.

Jungkook threw a glance your way as you were already checking out the corridor to see if anyone was there. He could hear in his head one of them begging him to make you stop. He was worried about you and he needed to know you were safe. And before understanding what he was doing, Jungkook grabbed your arm and pulled you into his arms before closing the door behind you.

You froze there in his arms, and Jungkook did the same thing. He couldn't understand what was happening to him. Those two sides of him were giving him headaches. They were so in love with you, so much, that for Jungkook it became a real pain.

Your heart was racing as you closed your eyes, wrapping your arms around his waist.
"What is it? Talk to me."

"They just make my life more miserable than already is."

You smiled at that.
"Can you hear them?
Which one is it? My stubborn playboy. Or my sweet bad boy?"

Jungkook's eyes searched yours, bored. But you smiled widely, annoying the hell out of him.
"What the heck did you do to them? How did you manage to twist their minds in such a way and fast? "

"I did that? " You smiled sweetly his way. "Maybe I will show it to you. But  after we get out of here."
You quickly pecked his cheek before turning around and opening the door again.

Jungkook felt his cheeks burning. He blinked once before pressing his palms against his heated skin. Then looking your way his eyes widened when he couldn't see you anymore.
Then his heart started to race in fear.

"You looked so scared. Just like a lost little puppy." You made fun of him as soon as you two got out of the taxi.

"Shut up!"

"You felt scared thinking that I left you there? " You giggled while taking his hand in yours before heading towards the train station.

Everything was more simple than you thought it would be. All you had to do was cry a little and tell the guards that you were robbed by someone who just ran out of the hospital and they already started to search for that invisible person. Then you realized that acting was one of your hidden skills. And you snickered at yourself.
Now you just bought two tickets and you two were waiting for the train to come and leave Seoul for good.

Jungkook didn't say a word, he was just looking at you when you weren't watching him. He felt like a pain in the ass, useless, extra baggage.
"And you are planning to take me in your care for the rest of your life?" Jungkook asked, skeptical.

"Yep. That's exactly what I'm planning." That was all you said, while seated on a bench, swinging your feet, deep in thoughts.  A slight pout could be seen on your features. This fact taking Jungkook off guard, his gaze now lingering too much on your lips.

You felt his gaze on your face and this fact created a delicious sensation in the pit of your stomach. This was all you wanted. To be watched by him. Him to be aware of your existence.
You waited for him to look away. But it never happened, so your turned your head towards him and locked your gaze with his. The second your gaze caught him, his eyes were so intense that they took your breath away.
He was still wearing the mask and the black cap, his bangs almost covering his dark eyes entirely.
His presence made you feel all warm inside. Only by being there with you, it made you happy. It was all you needed. It was all you wanted. You were grateful for his existence in your life. Because for the first time you felt more alive than ever.
And every time he looked your way, time magically stopped. 

Jungkook smiled a little. But you couldn't see it.
Your feelings reached him. The only thing he had to do was to search your eyes.
There wasn't lust like he could see every time in their eyes. He couldn't see that selfishness and that terrifying desire he had seen in everyone around him.
Until now you never made the first step in approaching him. Because of that, with you... he felt free. And not suffocated. Like it happened every time, as far as he remembered.

Then taking you by surprise, Jungkook leaned towards you, hands rested on the bench at each side of your body, trapping you.
And he kissed your cheek through his mask. A short kiss before pulling himself back but not too far. Your faces were still close to each other, heart racing, as you stared into his eyes, into his soul.

"Thank you," he whispered, his fingers caressing your cheek gently.

"Thank you for caring about someone like me, even if right now you are making my life a hell."