six

~Searching warmth~

It wasn't a very pleasant feeling every time I was passing by those filthy criminals while they were shouting in their cells.
It had been three months and it was still a pain to hear every time their perverted and dirty thoughts.

"Sweetheart, how much your mouth can take?"

"Come on baby. Can you come here? Just a short and quick fuck."

"Ah, I would fuck your virgin ass day and night."

"Your little and tight hole should feel nice."

"Can I lick your nipple? "

I covered my ears as I started to walk a little faster towards Jungkook's cell.
After what happened that morning between us, since then I made sure it never happened again. Although I felt sorry for the real Jungkook. He felt so warm and kind. And I really wanted to help him somehow. But how, I had no clue.

Flashback

Mingyu: We choose you because you were recommended by your teacher, doctor Namjoon. And because of your high grades.

Mingyu: "When we saw your application for this job, we didn't think too much before selecting you. Namjoon has high expectations regarding you. And we need someone reliable and with a strong mentality. Being a medicine student eases our struggle with Jungkook. You studying psychology also is even better. We need you to observe Jungkook's personality disorder. We tried to help him somehow and make him fight with his violent side, but without any major changes.
Jungkook told us that sometimes hears voices or abnormal thoughts. This makes him frightened, distressed, and agitated, leading to sometimes to aggressive behavior.
The medication we gave him helped Jungkook to calm down and help him to sleep. We have to prevent the risk of harm to both patient and others."

You: "But here we are talking about an antipsychotic and it has its side effects, like restlessness, shaking, heart problem, fever. And the dose we are giving to him is way above the normal limit."

Mingyu: "Smart."
Mingyu smiled, his eyes sparkling with interest. "You are right. But now we are working on something. Something we came up with. And that is a lethal medication meant to destroy for good his dark side. When it will be completed, you will have to inject that one instead, but that is only when his dark side will come to the surface. Only then."

Mingyu: "So... You will have to gain his trust. You will have to approach him and do anything its needed, even playing with his emotions if only this way we can reach our goal. Remember, it's for his good."

And the first day was today.

With a heavy heart I tightened my fingers around my bag, I bit my lips as my steps were bringing me closer to him.
It was night and he was sleeping.
And I smiled seeing his cuteness, with that white pillow squeezed between his arms.
I had to admit it. Somehow this cute side of him won my heart.

I unlocked the door and after stepping inside his cell I locked it after me, doctor's words coming into my mind.
Mingyu: "There is placed a security camera. So do not worry. If something bad will happen, the guards will come right away. You just do your job. This if you want to help a lost soul."

With those words he got me. I am studying medicine and psychology because I want to help people. And I was so sure that this will bring me nothing good. That's why I always hated my weak heart.

Walking towards where he was peacefully sleeping, I climbed into his bed and took his head, gently placing it on my lap making sure to not wake him up.
Biting the inside of my cheek, I ran my fingers gently through his ruffled hair and I felt a sudden ache in my heart when I remembered the doctor's last words:
Because you are a student, I know that you have to take days off. Those days, Naeun will take your place.

For some reason, that idea wasn't one of my favorite.
It was like I wanted him all by myself. I smirked at the ridiculous feeling.
Come on Y/N. We are talking about a sick person here. And not only.
A criminal. Even if maybe it wasn't his fault. Even if he wasn't in his right mind. He still killed his family with cold blood.
He is still dangerous, and a murderer.

Jungkook moved in his sleep by bringing his too warm body closer to mine, then my heart started to race when his arms wrapped around my waist, his eyes being still closed.
It was like he was searching for warmth.
His body was trembling as he buried his face in my stomach and I couldn't help but lean towards him and kiss the top of his head.

Great. I am doomed.