Surprise - Ch. 53

Start from the beginning

"Go"Hermione said, her other hand reaching for Harry's. She forced him out of the chair and took him to the staircase as he protested. "Hermione, he'll start crying"Harry told. "If he does, I'll wake you, don't worry"Hermione assured.

"Come on Mate, an hour won't kill you, you haven't slept properly in days"Came Ron's voice.

Hermione looked up and saw Ron descending the staircase. He grinned and pulled Hermione into a hug before clapping Harry on the back. "I'll even send you a patronus if you like" Ron added.

Harry looked between them before sighing. "Wake me if Andromeda comes" He told. Hermione and Ron nodded and Harry turned to Teddy. He smiled faintly and kissed the top of his Godson's head. with a final glance at the 3, Harry left, going up the stairs to Ron's room.

"Now imagine my shock when I find Draco Malfoy at my door" Ron began, a smirk on his face as he turned to Hermione.

"Oh Merlin..." Hermione groaned, her face turning red as Ron lazily wrapped his arm around her shoulders, leading her back to the living room.

~

Draco scanned the hall as he leaned back in his chair. "She's gone"Theo told as he pulled out a seat across from him. Draco gave a short nod, his eyes landing on his parents. They were talking to Rita Skeeter.

"What bullshit do you think he's telling them now?" Draco said bitterly. "Breathe mate, just take a break"Blaise shook his head as he placed a glass in front of Draco, sitting beside him.

"He's been planning something, he keeps looking at me like he knows something he shouldn't"

"He probably found out about you and Granger"Pansy shrugged as she walked over. She sat beside Theo and leaned back in her chair as she smirked at Draco.

"I'm surprised none of the parents have noticed" Theo scoffed.

"Like honestly, dinner was the biggest hint"Blaise muttered, moving away before Draco could smack him around the head.

"Shut up you wankers"Draco snapped, glaring at them.

"We should get him a spell book, or at least a very detailed description of how to cast a glamour charm"Pansy told.

Draco's face turned light pink as the 3 of them snickered. "Fuck off" He snarled, and it only made them laugh louder.

"Draco, Reporter Skeeter would like to speak with you" Draco heard behind him. "For what reason exactly?" Draco asked, not turning it his father as he took a sip from his drink.

"To discuss you and Ms.Granger"

Draco froze and his 3 Slytherins burst, their laughter echoing around the ballroom. People looked over and Draco closed his eyes, trying to refrain himself from strangling them.

"Very well"Draco said hardly as he stood, glaring at his friends. "Have fun Drakie!"Pansy laughed as Blaise and Theo waved.

He turned away from them, walking over to the reporter as calmly as he could. Her set up in the corner had grown, she had a leather bench and was sitting at one end. "Draco Malfoy! How are you doing this fine evening?" Rita asked as he came within earshot.

Draco raised an eyebrow, unamused. "What do you want?"He questioned. "Oh Nothing! Just a little interview!"Rita told, patting the seat next to her. Draco glanced over at his father, but Lucius was avoiding his eyes.

He sat down as far away from Skeeter as possible, a scowl etched across his face. "Get to the point" Draco snapped. The smile on Rita's face wavered but she went straight to her questions.