Quidditch - Ch. 31

He arrived while we were in the change rooms, we didn't know
- G.W

Hermione glanced up from the note in her hands, handing it to Pansy as she stared down on the two teams. Even from where she was she could see the glares that Draco, Blaise and Theo were shooting at him. None of them even looked at the other players, not evening glancing at Harry.

"Weaselette must have sensed something, that's why she was so mad this morning"Pansy muttered. Hermione nodded slowly. She hadn't seen Ron in nearly a month and a half. What brought him back early, she didn't know.

She thought she would feel thrilled when she'd get to see him again, but all she felt now was fear and stress. She'd been preparing for his return, even for Lavender's. Why was she feeling like this though?

She'd forgiven him, she'd been hoping he'd return back to normal. But something made her doubt herself. What that something was, she wasn't sure of it but she wanted to push it away and forget it.

Her attention was brought back to the game as all of the players flew up. "And the snitch has been released!"She heard. "But what is Ron Weasley doing here? He's been missing for quite a few weeks now, I doubt he's had any practice, Gryffindor's asking to lose" Zacharias Smith said.

The game began, Smith leaving sour remarks towards Gryffindor whenever he could, constantly getting scolded by McGonagall. "Ginny Weasley passes the quaffle towards Dean Thomas, who has terrible catching abilities, but it seems like he's outshined by Blaise Zabini! Zabini races towards the Gryffindor side and shoots the quaffle! Zabini scores, nearly missing Weasley's head!"Smith laughed.

~

Slytherin was currently 50 points ahead of Gryffindor. Ron truly was doing a terrible job. He hadn't gotten any practice in nearly 2 months, and he barely managed to keep up. It was even worse with the chasers directly aiming at his head.

Harry barely managed to save them. 2 hours into the game, he finally caught sight of the snitch. They would've faced the title of the worst played Quidditch game in a century, beating them by only 10 points. 210-200 were the scores.

Nether the less, they still won and began celebrating. "10 points! They beat us by 10 points!"Hermione heard Theo say. Her, Pansy, Astoria, Daphne and a few others were waiting outside the change rooms. "It's honestly unbelievable, Draco would've caught the snitch if it weren't for that bludger!"Astoria said.

"If only he had, we would've gotten 360 points against 50! They would've gone down in history!" Daphne scoffed. The Slytherin team left the room, all  wearing angered looks on their faces. Draco looked worse than all of them, he looked positively furious.

"DRACO! OH DRACO YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!" They heard down the corridor. They all turned and Draco barely spared Tracey Davis a glance before he began storming away. "Draco!"She called as she stopped running.

"We're tied with Gryffindor!"She yelled.

Draco froze before he spun around. "What?"He questioned. "Zacharias Smith missed one of the goals when Potter caught the snitch. We're 210-210"She said, grinning.

"We've tied?"Blaise muttered. "WE'VE TIED!"Theo repeated in a yell, and the corridor they were in burst with cheers and shouts of excitement. Knowing all their work hadn't gone to waste made everything much more bearable.

They ran to the great hall, entering as they heard the Gryffindors cheering. McGonagall stood as she saw them enter and raised her hand, silencing everyone. "There's been a change of points!"McGonagall announced. Everyone looked around, the Gryffindors glancing at each other, confused.

"10 seconds before Potter caught the snitch, Theodore Nott scored a goal that went unnoticed by our announcer. Making Slytherin at 210 points, meaning that this game is a tie!"She said.