Hogwarts - Ch. 18

Hermione didn't return, she spent nearly the rest of the trip with Harry and Ginny. "So you're getting resorted?"Harry asked after she told them what had happened over the last week. "I don't have much of a choice, you saw how all of them were staring at me during the meeting, they hate me"Hermione said. "They don't hate you 'Mione, they're just in shock" Ginny assured, leaning over and putting her hand over hers. Hermione scoffed, pulling her hand away as she crossed her arms.

"I doubt any of them think that I'm still Hermione Granger. No, I am Hermione Zabini, the stuck up bitch that no one likes and the only thing I have left of being a Granger is that I'm a filthy Mudblood" Hermione snapped, glaring at the wall opposite her.

"Ron was an absolute bastard when he said that to you, and if you agree to it, you're dumber than I thought"Ginny told. "You are Hermione Granger, you helped every single prefect here. You tutored half of Hogwarts for Merlin's sake, they wouldn't have passed their finals without you. Hermione, you came up with Dumbledore's Army, if you hadn't suggested that, do you think anyone here would be able to defend themselves?"Ginny questioned.

"Harry taught them"Hermione scoffed. "But it was your idea, I turned it down like 10 times. The credit goes to you Hermione"Harry said.

A few hours later, they changed into their robes and nearly half an hour before they reached Hogwarts, Hermione had to return back to her compartment as Harry and Ginny had to do rounds once more. She was heading back when she heard something fall around the corner. She stepped forward and looked, but what she saw made her heart drop. Ron and Lavender, snogging.

"You should be doing rounds"Hermione snarled. They jumped apart, having just noticed her. "Must I tell the headmistress you're incapable of doing basic prefect duties?"She questioned. Her eyes were on Lavender, she refused to ever stare at Ron again. "No, no, we'll go right away"Lavender said in a rushed voice. Hermione narrowed her eyes at her before walking away.

They did it out in the open, like they had no shame. Like they had no shame about what they had done to her.

She entered their compartment and found them asleep. Luckily, her seat was still open. She sat down, glancing at the three opposite her. They had to do their rounds as well, but she didn't have the heart to wake them. Pansy had her head against Blaise's shoulder, and Blaise had his on top of hers. Theo was cuddled next to the wall, his feet curled up on the seat. She smiled, leaning back in her seat.

"Granger, you know it's weird to watch people sleep right?"She heard from her right. Her head snapped toward the corner and she glared at Draco, forgetting he had been there. "I was thinking, you git. I have to wake them up to do rounds"She snapped. He rolled his eyes, "you take your role too seriously"He said. "Too seriously? You barely acknowledge the fact that you have responsibilities" She scoffed. "You were my responsibility last week and your mother seemed to think I did quite well"He smirked.

"Are you saying the only responsibilities you pay attention to are when they're involved with me?"She questioned, glaring at him. "As long as it annoys you, yes"He said, leaning back in his seat. "I don't understand how McGonagall could imagine you living up to your role"She rolled her eyes. "You don't need to understand"He smirked, shooting her earlier words back at her.

She glared at him once more before grabbing one of the Chocolate frog boxes off the floor and chucking it at him. He spot it back with a spell and it hit her in the head. His smirk grew as she huffed and turned away. "Sob off Malfoy"She snapped.

Once they reached Hogwarts, Hermione woke the 3 up as Draco had to go check if everyone was leaving the train. "Get off!" Pansy snapped, finding herself cuddled next to Blaise. "You're the one hugging me!"Blaise said, jumping away from her. "Can I wake up to peace?"Theo groaned.