Prefects - Ch.17

Hermione walked out of the compartment, Draco following behind her.

"I still don't understand how you could forget it" Draco said. "You don't need to understand"She rolled her eyes. "I'm sure I do, I can't be partnered up with someone who could forget something so easily" He told. She threw a glare at him over her shoulder, seeing the smirk on his face.

"I'm sure McGonagall would love to hear about your snooping addiction"She snapped. "It was one letter, Granger"He scoffed. "I'm sure it was"Hermione said sarcastically. She stopped as she reached the Professors Lounge. She knocked on the door, and a few seconds later, the door slid open. "Ms. Zabini, Mr. Malfoy"McGonagall said, letting them in.

There was only 10 compartments but they seemed larger than the regular ones. she led them to the end of the corridor and opened the door. As they entered, they realized the compartment was in fact bigger than the rest, about 3 times bigger. They sat down across from McGonagall, but far from each other.

"I'm glad you seem to be on friendly terms, Kenter told me you were sharing a compartment" McGonagall said, looking between the two suspiciously. "I was sitting with my brother and his friends Professor" Hermione told, sensing that McGonagall was suspecting other things due to the daily prophet.

"Ah, Mr. Zabini, he was chosen as prefect this year. That is what I would like to talk about, Prefects. We've increased the amount of prefects this year. We usually have 6 per house, 2 per year but since many are repeating their 7th year, we've increased that amount to 8 per house" McGonagall explained. "For Slytherin, Theodore Nott has been chosen. He will be replacing you as prefect, Mr.Malfoy"She added.

"I've written down all the prefects here, you will go over them and see which ones arrive for the meeting in 10 minutes. I've also created a list of things your role allows you to do, but also things that are forbidden" McGonagall went on, handing each of them a folder. "The prefects will be here by 12:30, I will be in the next compartment if you need anything"She told before leaving the compartment.

Hermione looked through the list of Prefects, recognizing a few names.

7th year

Gryffindor:
Ginny Weasley
(Will be partnered with an 8th year: Gryffindor)

Slytherin:
Astoria Greengrass
(Will be partnered with an 8th year: Slytherin)

Ravenclaw:
Luna Lovegood
Penny Lockhart

"Lockhart has a kid?"Draco questioned, going through his own list. "It would've been known if he had a kid"Hermione said, trying to remember everything she could about him. "You would know, you were obsessed with him in second year"He mumbled under his breath. "I was not obsessed!" Hermione snapped, turning to glare at him.

"Granger, you aced a test about him, don't even try denying it"He scoffed. "That is not obsession"She said, rolling her eyes. "I'm sure it isn't" He smirked. She turned away from him, back to the list.

Hufflepuff:
Quinn Smith
Penelope Vane

The name clicked, Penelope Vane was one of the girls that had asked Harry out for the Yule ball. She remembered how the others teased him about it, bringing a smile to her face.