Zabini Manor - Ch. 38

Mother,

I know you were looking forward to having us return to the manor, but the Weasleys asked if I could spend a few days with them. I couldn't turn them down. I'm just going to spend a few days because I missed the opportunity during the last few weeks of summer. Don't worry, I'll be careful and apologize to the rest for me.

I love you Mum,

Hermione

"It would've been better if I'd gotten this before..." Eleanor sighed, showing the letter to her husband. "I'm sure we'll see her at the station, Eleanor. They'll be arriving soon" Michael told, rubbing her back gently. "Oh my, it's already 1:30!"Eleanor gasped. She grabbed her wand, and held Michael's hand before they apparated away.

"Mother!" Eleanor heard. She turned and saw Blaise wave at her, dragging his trunk behind him. Theo and Draco followed, both having chocolate frogs in their hands. Pansy was behind them, her wand out as she levitated her trunk. Astoria and Daphne were with her, along with Pike, Tracey, Sally, Adrian Pucey and Lily.

Eleanor smiled, walking over and hugging her son. "Have you had a good term?"She asked, turning to the rest of them. They each began telling her everything, about their Hogsmead trips and their schoolwork, adding how annoying their teachers were.

Eleanor glanced around, trying to see if she could see Hermione. She spotted a mob of red hair, but before she could search for Hermione within them, they apparated away. "Mother are you alright?"Blaise asked. "It's nothing dear, your sister just sent me a letter and told me she'd be staying with the Weasleys for a bit" Eleanor told.

Blaise glanced at Draco and saw him avoiding his gaze. With a sigh, he turned back to his mother. "Why don't we go home, I got you something from Hogsmead that I think you'll like"

They apparated to Zabini manor, right in the living room. Their trunks disappeared immediately, and they sat down. "You all must be hungry, Whinny has begun to make lunch and it'll be ready very soon. Have a break but then go get ready. Your parents are dropping by"Eleanor told.

Eleanor left the room and Blaise got up, about to leave before Michael stopped him. "Blaise, how was school?"Michael asked.

"Do not talk to me like I'm your son"Blaise snapped. He pushed past him, his friends following close behind. Michael glared at the back of his son's head. Why wouldn't he understand?

He heard a phone ring and glanced behind him. With a sigh, he walked over and answered it. "I told you I didn't want calls, I want to spend this break with my family"He told before the person on the other end of the line could speak

"I'm sorry Mr. Zabini, but we still must inform you of what's happening" The person said. "We've gotten more detail on our case and I think we're close to figuring out how Wendell and Monica Wilkins have escaped. You know the Wilkins, previously known as Ellen and Patrick Granger. We'll keep an eye out for them sir" They told.

"Very well, I'll come to the office today to sign off your evidence but don't waste my time like this again" Michael demanded before hanging up.

"Michael I thought we agreed you wouldn't work for the break" Eleanor said, appearing at the door.

"I'm sorry Eleanor, but there's some private Ministry business I have to deal with"Michael told. He walked over and kissed the top of her head before apparating away.

~

"Blaise, where's your sister?" Lily Moon asked, leaning against one the library's many bookcases. "She went to the Weasels"Blaise said, peering through the books at Pansy and Adrian.