Connection - Ch. 42

Blaise fell out of his chair, hitting his head on the table behind him. "What's wrong? Is she being tortured?" Draco questioned as they all jumped out of their seats. "I heard her voice"Blaise muttered, looking up and staring at them.

"Blaise, will you just listen to me for a second?"

"I heard it again! She's talking to me!"He said, getting off the floor. "Who's her!"Theo snapped. "Hermione!"Blaise told. "They're letting her use magic?"Pansy asked.

"I can't use magic physically, I can only channel it mentally. They don't know I can use magic. You can't see me but I am near the window, beside you" Hermione said.

"She's- she's using magic mentally, they don't know she can"He said, turning to the window. The others glanced at Pansy, knowing she'd done research on these twin bonds. She confirmed their thoughts with a nod and they looked over at Blaise.

"Blaise, pay attention closely. Someone is playing with the evidence of Monica and Wendell Welkins' escape" Hermione explained.

"The evidence of Monica and Wendell Welkins' escape, someone is messing with it" Blaise voiced. "Hermione, where are you?" He questioned.

"I'm in a cellar in some dungeon. I've been here ever since- wait how long have I been gone?" She asked in return.

"You've been gone for 2 weeks! It'll be Christmas Eve at midnight" Blaise told.

"Christmas Eve? No wonder it's freezing" She muttered. "Okay, Blaise, I need you to track down my ring. Don't let anyone other than Pansy, Draco, Theo, Ginny and Harry know this. I'm sure there's someone working within the Manor"She went on.

"How do you know Weaselette and Potter know?"He questioned. "I came here before, accidentally. I saw the aurors. I saw Draco and I saw mother. I've been getting these type of memories too for the past few- days? I'm not sure"She explained.

"What's she saying?"Draco questioned. "She's able to travel mentally- spiritually? You get the point. She's been in a cellar for the past two weeks"Blaise said.

"Is she alright? What's happening to her?"Pansy snapped.

"Regular torture-"

"Regular torture! Are you daft! Torture isn't regular" Blaise barked, glaring at the window, hoping he wasn't just staring at an empty space.

"Only Granger would say torture is regular" Theo scoffed.

"Tell Theo to shut up"Hermione snapped. "She tells you to shut your trap door"Blaise said. Theo rolled his eyes, sitting down in his chair.

"Blaise, you have to be cautious who you tell that I'm able to speak to you. I know you're experiencing my pain as well, so if you tell the wrong person, you might get hurt" Hermione explained.

"Why're you making this about me? What about you?" He questioned.

"I've been getting tortured ever since I got here, and if I'm right- you only experience my unexpected pains" She said. "I- I have to go Blaise, they're coming"

"Who? Hermione who! Hermione!"He snapped. But she was gone, he felt it. "She's gone"He mumbled, putting his head in his hands. "Well what's happening?" Astoria asked.

"There's someone inside this manor leaking news to them- whoever kidnapped her. She thinks I only experience her unexpected pains- she's been getting tortured ever since she was kidnapped"Blaise told.

Draco closed his eyes, his heart pounding in his chest. He'd been fighting back tears the whole day. If he had just followed her, maybe she would've been okay. Even if she did hate him, as long as she wasn't being tortured. But he hadn't. She was in trouble and It was all his fault.