Back - Ch. 30

Barely a week into November, there was already 3 inches of snow on the ground. It was Friday night, the day before the first Quidditch match of the year. Gryffindors and Slytherins fought each time they saw each other, especially their captains; Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.

When Harry would visit Hermione in the head dorm, Draco seemed to only get more annoyed with him. "Must I constantly remind you you aren't welcome?" Draco questioned that very evening when he found Harry studying with Hermione in the common room.

Hermione groaned, knowing she wouldn't ever hear an end to this. "I don't need to be welcomed by you" Harry scoffed, glancing at Draco's friends near the portrait who glared at him. "Hermione loves me, which matters more than your opinion"He said.

"Well then we must come to an agreement"Draco snarled, turning to Hermione. "Davis goes if Potter goes" He said.

"I'm not getting rid of Harry!" Hermione snapped, looking over at him from her book.

"Exactly"Harry smirked, sitting proudly in his seat on the couch.

"I'll hex him then"Draco suggested.

"He's survived the killing curse twice, a hex is nothing"Hermione scoffed, though still silently putting a protection charm over Harry.

Harry felt it around him and only grinned more. "Why are you grinning, have you gone mad?"Blaise questioned, staring at him from his place beside the portrait. "Because I'm loved"Harry said confidently.

Hermione shook her head in amusement, a smile on her face as the others glanced at each other, confused. "Can we just work in peace? You can battle each other tomorrow during the match"She told.

"I don't want Potter in this dorm"Draco snapped.

"Honestly grow up Malfoy, pretend he's Ginny if you find her more bearable"Hermione rolled her eyes.

"How does Weaselette feel about this? You and Pothead meeting every other night?"Theo questioned.

Hermione narrowed her eyes at him. "Me and Harry are friends, nothing more. If you suggest otherwise, I'll accidentally hex you into the hospital wing"She snapped.

"And why are you allowed to hex people and I'm not?" Draco questioned.

"I give warnings, you don't"Hermione said simply.

"Yes well, you bluff, you've never hexed someone" Draco rolled his eyes.

Hermione raised an eyebrow as Harry laughed. "Malfoy do you think we got through the war throwing flowers at people?"Harry asked. "Hermione's hexed more people than I have"He added.

"Who was the first person you hexed? Snape?"Harry asked, turning to Hermione.

"Snape? You hexed Snape?"Pansy questioned, staring at her in bewilderment. The others had similar reactions, their eyes popping out of their heads.

"Harry"Hermione mumbled, her face turning red.

"Yes?"

"Shut up"

Harry grinned, knowing Hermione hated it whenever he intentionally showed off her magical powers. Especially when he exaggerated.

"You love me"He said smugly.

"I do"She agreed, "but you've said enough".

"You hexed Snape?"Pansy repeated. "Good night Harry"Hermione said as she stood. Harry's grin didn't leave as he stood, knowing he'd just left them all dying for answers. Giving her a swift hug, he strutted out of the room, knowing they couldn't do anything with Hermione's protection charm on him.