Home - Ch.4

They appeared in front of Zabini Manor. Hermione didn't say anything, just staring at the front of the manor. It was all black, from the brick roof to the wooden door. Everything was a combination of black and gold, even the windows had gold on the frame. Blaise Zabini walked toward the doors and pressed his thumb on the gold door knob, before the door opened. He held it open for Hermione to walk in before leading her across the manor. The manor was huge, bigger than anything she had seen before.

There was a pillar every 15 feet, black marble with gold. The floor matched it, and the walls were plain black. The furniture went along with it, it was simply gorgeous. She didn't want to seem amazed, especially in front of them, rich spoiled brats. "You go down, keep going straight and the first door to your right, Mother's waiting there"Blaise said, stopping at the start of a staircase. She slowly nodded, but didn't say anything. Walking down, she heard the other 4 walk away. Sighing as she made it to the bottom, she kept walking till she found a bunch of doors. 'First door to your right'. Putting her hand on the doorknob, she pushed the door open. She looked in, and realized she had walked into an office. But Eleanor Wendly was there.

She wore a black flower-printed dress, stopping above her knees. "Come in dear"She said, smiling. Hermione did so, and closed the door behind her. "Have a seat" she added, walking to her desk and sitting down. Hermione sat in the chair opposite to her, feeling even more nervous than before.

"Blaise told me how you agreed to stay the week. I know you're probably scared but I couldn't be happier. After all these years, I finally get to see you again" Eleanor told, tears glistening in her eyes. Hermione smiled lightly, she seemed so happy. "I know you must have plenty of questions, and I'm ready to answer any of them"Eleanor grinned. Hermione didn't say anything yet, she didn't know what to say.

Till something sparked in her mind. She hesitated at first, but Eleanor encouraged her to say it. "The people who raised me were muggles. But this manor is in the wizarding world, how did they kidnap me?" Hermione asked. Eleanor's smile differed a bit but she answered the question.

"They aren't muggles, they are squibs. They heard something on the news that they didn't like so they came to charge us for it. We shooed them away, but the following night, they came back. I don't know how they got in, through all the wards but they did. I assume they were trying to take money but when you woke up, they took you instead. I went to your room and all I saw was your blanket on the floor and the window wide open. That was their escape but not the entrance" Sighing as she spoke.

"After we sent them money to return you, we never got word from them. They just disappeared. They changed their names, their location and their faces, surgically" She explained. "It took 18 years for detectives to find you. And when we got information, your brother was first to act. I assume he took his friends to... to do harm to them"She mumbled. Hermione looked down at her hands as she nodded.

"Did he know he had a sister the whole time? Did he know her name?"Hermione asked. "He knew everything. He even mentioned how there was a girl in his year named Hermione Granger. I tried to have a look at you, at the platform at the end of each year. It didn't work though"Eleanor said. "Did he mention anything after that?" Hermione questioned.

"Well yes, a few times. I'll try to find the letters later" She said. Hermione nodded silently, her thoughts wandering. Eleanor waited another minute, giving Hermione a chance to talk. When she didn't, she continued. "Okay, I think that's enough for today. Why don't I take you to your room so you can get a bit of rest before dinner" Eleanor added as she stood, knowing Hermione needed time to comprehend everything.  

Leading Hermione to her room, she got a good view of the manor. It was like a dream. Her room was on the 3rd floor, at the end the hallway. Blaise's was on the other end, guest bedrooms down the hallway. "If you don't mind, May I have someone get your clothing sizes?"Eleanor asked. "I have clothes, don't worry"Hermione said, a bit caught off guard by the question.