Magic - Ch. 41

"Professor Slughorn hasn't been here since the 10th of December. He's being treated in St.Mungos for the after effects of the Imperius curse and the Cruciatus curse" McGonagall said. "Those are 2 unforgivable curses! Minerva, why wasn't this reported?" Kingsley questioned.

"I have reported it, Minister, to your head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement" McGonagall told. "Michael Zabini" Kingsley muttered. "He should've reported it to me instantly" He said.

"May I ask why you're looking for Horace Slughorn?" Minerva asked.

"Hermione Zabini has disappeared. We suspect she's been kidnapped"The head Auror told. "What?" Minerva snapped, getting up from her seat.

"She's been missing ever since the beginning of Winter Break. They said the last person to have seen her was Horace when she retrieved her wand from him after detention" Kingsley explained.

"They must've put Horace Slughorn under the imperius curse to kidnap her"The head Auror concluded. "But they must've been in the school to cast the curse"McGonagall told.

"We know Minerva, that's why we'll need to check all your staff. You also currently have Blaise Zabini in your hospital wing. He's been feeling effects of the Cruciatus curse, we believe it's due to his twin connection with Hermione" Kingsley added.

"Oh my"McGonagall gasped, her hand covering her mouth. "Please have them all gather in the great hall, that's all you can help us with for now" Kingsley said. McGonagall nodded and Kingsley and the head Auror left her office.

"Well where is he?"Draco questioned as they exited her office. "He's in St.Mungos, he was put under the imperius curse around the same time Hermione was last seen. We think someone got him to kidnap her" Kingsley spoke.

Draco paced down the corridor, his hands tugging at his hair. "It's my fault- I should've never let her leave alone"He muttered. Pansy stepped away from the wall, placing her firm hand on his shoulder. "Draco, if you keep saying it's your fault, I'm going to slap you" Pansy snapped.

"All we can do now is try to figure out where she is"She told. "She's been missing for 2 weeks! Who knows if they've stayed in the same place!"Draco snarled.

"I need both of you to calm down. Auror Pantel will be interrogating the staff and I need to go to the ministry. You two will head down to the hospital wing and stay with Blaise Zabini. You are not allowed to wander the castle alone and unarmed" Kingsley ordered.

Draco scoffed as Pansy nodded. She grabbed him by his robes and pulled him out of the corridor. Head Auror, Pantel, turned to Kingsley. "Why are you going to the Ministry, minister?"Pantel asked.

"I have my suspicions covering Michael Zabini. I must know where he is"

~

She was bleeding out. She knew it. Death would be accepting her any second now.

She was laying in a pool of her own blood. There was a fresh cut in her arm, the word 'Mudblood' standing out. Hermione had lost consciousness at least 3 times, by what her 'mother' had said. Apparently they weren't allowed to get near her cage anymore.

But that was the least of her worries. The stinging pain in her arm was worse than the first time. This one had not only caused another scar but had cut up the first one.

Last time she knew who was there, she knew who was around her. It was Bellatrix who'd cut it into her arm. It was the Malfoy Family who were on the edges of the room. It was Draco who met her gaze that night and partially understood what she was asking from him. She didn't need to be saved, she just wanted Harry and Ron out of harms way.