Evidence - Ch. 46

The next few days, visitors came in and out of Zabini Manor. The Weasleys came the day after Christmas (and practically every other day after that), Ron unable to because of the restraining order, and some friends came by a few times. Dean and Seamus came by later, Percy and Penelope with them. Draco told her how Seamus and Penelope had helped in finding her, he also mentioned Justin but he couldn't come so he'd see her at Hogwarts.

When there wasn't guests around, Hermione tried to walk. Her legs were greatly effected during her time locked up. Mostly because she hadn't been able to stretch them for 3 weeks straight, but the cruciatus curse helped with the damage.

Draco hadn't left her side since she'd arrived. He slept in the armchair in her room at night and sat by her side during the day. He only left once every day; when Ginny and Pansy would help her wash her hair before leaving her to shower alone. In that time, he would go shower himself, and be back by the time she finished.

"Draco" He heard her say. Draco glanced over at her, and saw her staring at the toothpaste in his hand. They were in her bathroom, he was brushing his teeth and she was sitting on the vanity. He washed out his mouth and turned to her, "What?"

"What flavour is that toothpaste?" Hermione asked.

He raised an eyebrow at her, "Spearmint?". Hermione took it from him, staring at the label. "Draco, why did we fight?"She questioned, bringing up their detention for the first time.

He tensed, "Because of Weasley" He said.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "We fought because of the potion"She corrected. "What did I smell in the potion?"

"Freshly mown grass, new parchment and-"

"Spearmint"

Draco stared at her before moving his gaze down to the toothpaste in her hands. "Spearmint"He repeated slowly. "And...?" She encouraged him to go on. He closed his eyes, running a hand through his hair. "And I'm an idiot"

Hermione snorted, "I knew that a long time ago" She told. "The things I smelt weren't related to Ron, Draco"She said, and he opened her eyes to look at her.

"But... but you smelt them in 6th year" He muttered.

"And at the time, I thought it was Ron. But the smell only got stronger when I came to Zabini Manor. When you spent every day here"

Letting the surprise roll down his back, he walked over to her, standing in front of her as his famous smirk appeared on his face. "Are you admitting to have fancied me since 6th year, Granger?"Draco asked, leaning forward as he placed his hands on either side of her.

Hermione rolled her eyes, but brought her arms up to wrap around his neck. "I still don't understand why, you're as much as a git as always"She noted. His smirk merely grew as he leaned in, gently pressing his lips on hers. Only lasting a couple seconds before he pulled away, barely an inch.

"I missed you Granger" Draco mumbled against her lips.

~

It was the 28th of December, Hermione realized as she caught a glimpse of her calendar. She sighed, running a hand through her hair. This entire break had gone to waste. "Can you- for once in your bloody life, just not think?" She heard from the door way. Her head snapped towards the door, seeing Draco leaning there.

"Don't give me that look, I haven't left my room in 3 days. It's like going from one imprisonment to another" She scoffed.

He stared at her for a second, "Alright".  She was taken aback. "What?"She said.

"We'll leave"He said, walking over. Draco wrapped his arms around her, about to pick her up bridal style before she stopped him. "What're you doing? You can't just carry me!"She told.