Shredded - Ch.8

The week passed painfully slow. Hermione had to spend half the day with the Slytherins, whether it was in the Manor or out in fancy expensive restaurants. She even had to spend a day with them in Parkinson Manor, a place she will now forever refuse to go to. It was crawling with dark magic, Pansy Parkinson's father was even muttering spells in the next room, later followed with a large 'boom' which shook the house. But finally, she was glad the week was over. She couldn't wait to go back to her own home. The only part she enjoyed of this trip was that she never had to unpack her bag. Hermione was changing into her own clothes when she heard a knock on the door.

"One second!"She called, trying to get her shirt over her head. She was buttoning up the tank top as she walked over to the door. Peaking her head out, her softened expression turned into a glare before she tried to close the door. Catching the door before it shut, Draco pushed the door open. "You didn't even let me talk"He snapped. "I was forced to spend a week with you and your little cronies, I've seen and heard enough of you"She snarled. "Oh don't flatter yourself, I didn't come here to sit and talk over tea" He rolled his eyes. Hermione glared at him, "Why are you here". "Your mother would like to know if you're staying"He told. "Why would she send you to ask me?"She questioned.

"Because your darling brother is asleep and I'm the only one awake"Draco snarled. She scoffed, attempting to close the door again. "I need an answer Granger" He scowled, putting his foot between the door and frame. "I said I'd stay a week, count the days Malfoy, I'm sure you can figure it out"She said, rolling her eyes. "Well I'm sure you should remember that you told her you would stay for a week and than decide whether you'd stay for the rest of the summer or not"He told. She glared at him, "My week trial is over, I'm done". Before he could say anything else, she stomped on his foot, and quickly closed the door. She went back to getting dressed, ignoring his knocks. He left after his second knock and she was at peace for the next 5 minutes. She was fixing her belt and heard another knock.

Groaning, she stormed over to the door and whipped it open. "Malfoy, screw-"She was saying when she stopped. "I'm sorry, I thought..."She mumbled, her words fading. "Don't worry about it"Eleanor said sternly. "May I come in?"She asked, her voice back to its calm and relaxed tone. Hermione stepped aside and let her in. "I heard you're leaving"Eleanor said, staring at Hermione's bag. She nodded slowly. "You don't like living here? Is there something of the manor you don't like?"Eleanor questioned. "Be honest, I want the bold truth"She added before Hermione could open her mouth. Hermione didn't talk right away, she tried to pick her words wisely. "This... isn't what I'm used to. I prefer my old lifestyle" Hermione said. "That's not it, keep going. I won't be upset with anything"Eleanor told.

Hermione couldn't tell whether she should or not. Eleanor didn't seem to get mad easily, so she might as well tell her. "I don't like any of the people who have been here the whole week. I hate them, I despise them. Them and their parents.  Secondly, I hate being forced into things. Spending time with Blaise's friends won't make me like them any more. Having my clothes picked out for me also isn't something I want. Having someone in control of my life is a big deal for me, and I don't like it. I know this is how many rich families are raised, but I hate it" Hermione explained.

Eleanor didn't seem surprised or even fazed. "Summer ends in a week. If you stay a week longer, but live it how you want, will you consider staying when you return from Hogwarts?" Eleanor asked. Hermione didn't answer. She didn't know how to put it in the nicest way possible. "I want to go back home"She said. Eleanor nodded her head once and stood. "I'll have the house elves bring your bags to the door when you're ready" Eleanor told. She walked over to the door, and was about to leave before Hermione spoke. "I'll try to come at least twice this week"She muttered. She saw the corner of Eleanor's lips twitch, before she nodded once more, leaving the room.

Hermione glanced around the room to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything, before picking her bag up and leaving the room. She had so far memorized most of the manor, so she was able to find her way out. Walking away from the manor somehow relaxed her. She was back to her normal life.

When she apparated home, she found Aurors walking in and out of the house, taking furniture with them. Paparazzi taking pictures of everything, they went wild when they saw Hermione walk onto her property. "What're you doing? What're you doing!"She snapped, rushing towards them. "Ms.Granger we ask you to step aside and let us do our job"The head Auror said, stepping in front of her. "Who gave you permission to go through my house! This is illegal!"She barked.

"We sent a warning yesterday. It is not our problem if you didn't see it. We have right to believe your parents have been involved in a kidnapping gang in the 1980s. You may not enter the house till the inspection is over"Patrick Rowland said, smirking proudly. "And how long will this 'inspection' take?" She questioned. "About a month. I guess you'll have to find a new place to live"He told. Hermione wanted to punch him but than heard a pop near her. She turned and saw Kingsley. She went over but he ignored her issue. "I'm sorry Ms.Granger but I can't do anything. This is in the hands of the aurors"He explained.

"I don't think it's appropriate for you to be called Ms.Granger. Who is your true family? Do they even want you?"Rowland asked. "Mr.Rowland-"Kingsley snapped, but was interrupted. "Excuse me Minister, but I'm having a conversation"Rowland said. He turned back to Hermione, continuing his questions. "Who brought in the Grangers? Who are your parents? Has anyone collected you yet as their daughter? Or does no one want to be associated with a mudblood"He went on.

"I beg your pardon!" Someone yelled from behind him. Rowland turned around, his smirk fading instantly. "Don't you dare speak to my daughter like that again, do you understand!" Michael Zabini snapped, fisting the top of Rowland's robes. "D-Daughter?" Rowland questioned. "You have 10 minutes to pack everything from your office" Michael barked, Rowland being taken out of his reach by aurors. "You can't fire me, sir please! I need this job!" Patrick Rowland begged, trying to push away the other aurors as they pulled him away from Michael. "You should've considered that"Michael said, glaring at him. As paparazzi began flashing their cameras, Michael reached for Hermione's hand and apparated away.

Hermione was left at the house before Michael went to the ministry. She sat in her room, trying to comprehend that they had just torn her home apart. Everything was tossed out like it meant nothing. Hearing a knock on her door, she looked up. "Come in"She called. Eleanor poked her head into the room, a pity smile on her face. She walked in and Hermione noticed that she had a bag that she was hiding behind her back.

"Your father- Michael told me what happened, are you okay? I know you were looking forward to go home" Eleanor said, sitting on the edge of the bed, continuing to hide the bag. Hermione nodded slowly, confused. "There's no point hiding it, you already saw it" Eleanor scoffed, handing her the bag. Hermione glanced at her before opening the bag. She stared at the frames inside, feeling her heart drop. "I managed to get them after they inspected them" Eleanor said. Hermione couldn't take her eyes off the pictures, feeling her eyes tear up as she picked up the frame at the top. It was Tonks. She looked over at Eleanor before throwing her arms around her.

Eleanor froze. She didn't know how to react, slowly patting Hermione on the back. Hermione had mistaken her shock for discomfort and pulled away, muttering a small 'sorry'. Eleanor didn't say anything as she stood. "Breakfast will be ready soon"Eleanor said shortly before leaving the room. After the door closed, Hermione rolled her eyes. "Of course, I forgot they're all heartless"She muttered.