Halloween Dance - Ch. 29

They finished their classes for the day and Hermione tried to sneak to her dorm to avoid going to the dance. But when she entered the common room, she found their whole Slytherin group there. "Told you she'd tried to get out of it" Daphne scoffed, noticing Hermione. "Well you're going"Pansy grinned. Hermione groaned, "I'll go to the next one-"She began but they all scoffed.

"Too bad Granger, it's in an hour and we're all going" Astoria smirked. "And don't say there isn't a point, everyone in this bloody school is going, everyone from 6th to 8th year"Pansy added. "That isn't a point"Hermione pointed out, crossing her arms. "Either you go or we'll have one here"Blaise shrugged. "You can't have one in the head dorm!" Hermione snapped.

"We can"Draco said, smirking as he stood from the couch. Hermione glared at him, "fine"She snarled. "Great"Pansy grinned. She rushed over, grabbed Hermione's arm and dragged her to her room.

Pansy closed the door, putting a Muffliato charm around the room before turning to her. "Why don't you wanna go?" Pansy asked.  "Why would I want to go?" Hermione rolled her eyes. "Come on Granger, the next dance or ball or whatever you want to call it, that's in 2 months. It won't kill you to loosen up a bit for a few hours" Pansy told.

Hermione sighed, sitting on the edge of her bed. Pansy went over to her dresser and looked through it. "Where're your dresses?" Pansy asked, glancing at her. "I only have like two"Hermione said. "Where are they?"Pansy repeated, rolling her eyes. Hermione waved her wand and one of the drawers opened. Pulling out one of the folded dresses, Pansy smirked before throwing it to Hermione.

"I am not wearing this!"Hermione snapped. "You didn't seem to have a problem with it at the quidditch game"Pansy noted, leaning against the dresser. "That- that was different!"Hermione said, her face going a light pink. "It was not different and you know it"Pansy smirked. Hermione glared at her before scoffing. "It's only for a few hours, and most of the girls going are wearing similar things, I saw them in Hogsmead when we went the other day" Pansy assured.

Knowing she wouldn't be able to talk herself out of going at all, Hermione had Pansy leave the room so she could get dressed. She stared at the pale pink dress, reluctantly taking off her shirt to put it on.

Hermione looked at herself in the vanity mirror. As Pansy returned to the room, she watched Hermione magically make the dress longer. Looking pleased with her now knee-length dress, she turned to look at Pansy. "It looks... ok?" Hermione said. "Ok? It looks great! Just wait till-" Pansy stopped immediately.

"Wait till who?" Hermione questioned.

"No one-"

"Parkinson" Hermione growled, glaring at her.

Pansy gave her an innocent cheeky smile before walking over to Hermione's dresser. She pulled out a white fur coat and handed it to her. "This'll make it more school appropriate"Pansy said.

Hermione still held her glare, raising an eyebrow when Pansy wouldn't confess. "It's no one, okay? I was joking"Pansy reassured. Hermione clearly didn't believe her but sat on her bed to put on the heels that Pansy had brought back.

Pansy left later on, going to get dressed herself with Astoria, Daphne, Tracey Davis, Lily Moon, and Millicent Bulstrode. Hermione had been told that the guys left as well, so she guessed she was alone in the dorm. She left her room after she finished her hair, entering the common room. She placed her fur coat on one of the armchair before sitting down, accioing her book-bag to her.   There was still half an hour before the dance so why not?

She was reading through her potions book when she heard a door open behind her. She froze. Didn't Pansy say everyone was getting ready? Didn't that mean they would be here?