Morning - Ch. 49

"Leave her! I'm begging you, please!"

Monica's voice filled the room and Hermione felt tears sting her eyes as a green light shot towards Monica, hitting her straight in the chest.

"No!"

Hermione shot out of bed, breathing heavily. "What's wrong?"Draco questioned, sitting up instantly, his wand in his hand.

The candles in the room lit up and Hermione glanced around. No Monica, no dead body, no one. She sighed, running a hand through her hair. She brought her knees up to her chest (having gained more control over her legs), and wrapped her arms around them, hiding her head as she pressed her forehead against her knees.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you"Hermione mumbled. "Recor" Draco called. "Bring her a dreamless potion, and a glass of water"He told once the elf had appeared.

Recor bowed and disappeared, and Draco looked back at Hermione. "It's fine, don't worry"She mumbled when she felt eyes on her. "You are not fine, no one wakes up screaming 'No!'"He snapped as he got up. He walked over to her side of the bed, holding out his hand to her.

"What?"She asked as he nudged her, looking up. He let out a groan and mumbled something under his breath. Before she could object, he wrapped his arms around her and picked her up off the bed bridal style.

"Honestly Granger, you're making me question your title as 'brightest witch of our age'"He told as he walked towards the bathroom.

"Well dickhead, not everyone reads your mind"She snapped, glaring at him as she grabbed his shoulder for support.

Draco rolled his eyes, placing her on the counter of the sink. "When one has a nightmare Granger, they wash their face with cold water"He told, turning on the faucet.

Hermione scoffed, "you could've just said that". She slid off the counter and stood in front of the sink. As she washed her face, Draco returned to her room, hearing Recor return.

He came back with a glass of water and handed it to her. He stepped behind her, his chest against her back as he placed his hands on the counter, on either side of her.

She took a sip from the glass before putting it on the counter, leaning her head back on his shoulder, watching his face in the mirror.

His left hand wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. "What happened?"He asked, bringing back the memory. He saw her tense through the mirror, and lowered his head to her neck, pressing his lips against her.

She slowly relaxed in his hold, tilting her neck to the side. She thought for a bit before deciding to speak. "It was my mother"She mumbled. She felt him stop for a second, before he continued to gently kiss his way up to her jaw line. "Not Eleanor, no my muggle mother"She went on.

"I got a letter from Kingsley yesterday, and he said that I could have their funeral any time within the first week of January"Hermione told.

"When are you planning to?"Draco asked, his lips on the side of her jaw as his other hand met her waist. She didn't answer, her own hand raising up to his head, tangling with his hair.

"I have to check in with McGonagall, we return on the second and I really don't think having a funeral on the first day would be a good start to the year" She said.

"Granger, you're mental if you think McGonagall will let you return in this state"He scoffed. "I'm getting better by the day, there's nothing wrong"She snapped.

"What about those burns on your wrists? They were supposed to heal in 2 days, and they still haven't. Don't even try to deny it, I know it hurts" Draco said.