Ball - Ch. 52

Not too long later, they returned inside. They didn't have time to finish dinner so they went straight to their rooms, barely having an hour to get ready before the guests would arrive.

Hermione found her levitation spell much more easier to use rather than have the others drag her around. "You can't use it unless someone is with you! If you get distracted, your magic will waver and you'll fall"Eleanor told her.

And that someone happened to be Draco Malfoy, the one to insure she wouldn't get distracted.

"Of course, I'll be at her side the whole night"Draco said to her mother. "Thank you Draco"Eleanor smiled gratefully.

She had asked in front of Lucius so he wouldn't question anything. Though Hermione wanted to punch the grin off Draco's face, she couldn't help but be grateful on Draco's behalf.

Now, He was leaning against the wall of her bathroom, watching as Quinn helped Hermione do her hair. "Did your mother send the dress yet?"Quinn asked. "I'm not sure. Draco, can you check?" Hermione asked him.

A smirk appeared on his face, and Hermione wasn't entirely sure why. She rolled her eyes as he walked out. "Is he your boyfriend?"Quinn questioned in a low voice, glancing after him.

Hermione blushed, and was struggling to find an answer but was saved when he walked back in. Hermione looked over and stopped breathing for a second. "Looks familiar, doesn't it?" She heard Draco say as he popped his head around the dress.

"Did you tell her... did you tell her to get this colour?" Hermione asked.

He merely smirked, holding the dress magically as he walked over to her. "I'm done your hair"Quinn told, her supplies levitating themselves off the counter. She quickly left the room, her things shooting behind her.

Hermione caught Quinn's eye and the hairstylist winked before disappearing. She looked back at the dress and a smile spread across her face. She turned to Draco, who stood in front of her, leaning against the vanity.

"Your belated Christmas gift"He told. She stood up, and he quickly stepped forward, steadying her as he placed his hands on her waist. She raised her hands and cupped his face, standing on her toes as she pressed her lips against his.

A knock on her bedroom door made them pull apart. She groaned, pressing her head against his chest as he chuckled, rubbing her back. "Come in" He called. Hermione sat back down in her chair as they heard the door open.

"I see you have received the gift"Eleanor smiled as she stood in the doorway. "Draco got it himself, he wouldn't allow me to pay for it"She told.

"You paid for it?"Hermione questioned, turning to him.

"I told you, it's your belated Christmas present" He shrugged.

"I thought you meant the colour!"She snapped. "I know"He smirked.

Eleanor looked between them, "You must get ready, you don't want to be late"She said. Draco glanced at his watch, they had 20 minutes.

Eleanor left and as Draco was getting his suit from her room, Hermione magically put on her long periwinkle blue dress.

Draco returned, his suit white. "I had no idea you wore suits other than black"Hermione remarked, fixing the skirt of her dress. He smirked, "We've all decided black isn't an appropriate colour, even your mother agreed" He said.

"And why is that?"She asked as he walked over to her. "We don't mourn over the death of Michael Zabini, and we're gonna make it clear to everyone"He told, stopping in front of her.

She smiled at him lightly as he raised his hand, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, his other hand on her waist. She opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by another knock on the door.