Ministry - Ch. 25

"I did not force my way into the manor!"Ginny snapped as the portrait closed.

"Okay, okay, I might've exaggerated a bit" Blaise said, raising his hands in surrender. "A bit? You opened the door and let me in! I told you to get Hermione and you said I could do it myself!"Ginny snarled. "Everyone in the manor heard you breaking the door Weasley, I had to tell her"Blaise told. "Just tell her I was looking for Hermione, not breaking in!" Ginny glared at him.

"Alright, calm down"Hermione told, the last thing she needed was Ginny to hex him. Than her mother would have a restraining order over both Weasleys. "Why is she here to talk to Malfoy?"Hermione questioned, turning to Blaise. "Probably about you"Blaise scoffed. "About me?" She repeated.

"She's probably apologizing for putting so much pressure on him, and that it's okay if he backs out. But Draco is going to say no it's okay because it annoys you, and than she's going to make sure he doesn't mind and that he doesn't have to. And than he's going to give her a reassuring smile and tell her it's completely fine and sees it as an honour that she trusts him so much and than she's going to thank him and they're going to leave the common room-"

The portrait opened and Draco and Eleanor stepped out. "I thank you for trusting me Aunt Eleanor, I'll make it my top priority to keep her safe"Draco told. Blaise was in the corner, mouthing his every word.

"Thank you so much Draco"Eleanor smiled. "Hermione, Blaise, I'm going to speak with McGonagall for a bit before we leave"Eleanor added, turning to her children. She walked away, and as she turned the corridor, Hermione smacked Draco's arm.

"Told you"Blaise smirked. "Why is it in your best interest to get on my nerves?"Hermione questioned. "I can't turndown such request from Eleanor Zabini herself"Draco said dramatically. "And what exactly do you mean by 'told you'?"He asked, turning to Blaise. "He basically narrated everything that happened in the common room"Ginny told, staring at Blaise suspiciously.

"Hermione, good luck at the ministry, and be careful with paparazzi. We have to go to the great hall before class"Harry said. He gave her a quick hug, Ginny following, before they both left. Hermione knew Harry was just uncomfortable. She couldn't blame him, she was too when she first had to stay with them at the manor.

"I'm telling you for the last time, you are not baby sitting me!"Hermione snapped. "Granger your mother sent me, not you. I don't have to listen to you" Draco rolled his eyes. "I don't care, I don't want you"She snarled. "Hermione, I don't like this arrangement anymore than you do but you know Mother is doing it so you don't get hurt"Blaise said.

"So she trusts me with Malfoy?"Hermione scoffed. She didn't wait for an answer, entering the common room as the portrait locked behind her.

"Do your best not to have her kill you" Blaise told, narrowing his eyes at Draco. "You're acting as if it's on my to-do list"Draco rolled his eyes. "She already hates you, don't give her more reasons"Blaise said. "The feeling's mutual, believe me"Draco scoffed.

After Blaise left, Draco entered the common room. He saw Hermione on the couch, cleaning up the files she had left out for Ginny to read. She ignored his presence, stacking the files before carrying them to her room. "Granger"He called as she opened the door of her room. She ignored him, walking in like she hadn't heard anything. Draco groaned, following after her. "What will you benefit with ignoring me?" He questioned, standing in the doorway of her room. "If I ignore you long enough, you'll disappear" Hermione said.

"That's not how it works Granger" He rolled his eyes. She didn't answer, stuffing the files in a bag before walking to her dresser. "What exactly are you ignoring me for?"Draco asked. She, again, didn't answer. She shuffled through her dresser, not hearing Draco's footsteps.