"I love you too Quentin!" She exclaimed. "And invite her over for dinner! I'm serious. So we could formally meet!"

I sucked my teeth. "Ain't happenin!"

She waved me off, leaving the pool house and closing the door behind herself. Then for the first time in a long time I was left with nothing but peace and quiet. It was weird hearing the birds chirping bright and early this morning. Lawn mowers and shit too.

I always slept into the evening because I stayed up all night. So hearing the sounds was bizarre to me.

Taking a deep breath, I grabbed my phone beside me and immediately FaceTimed Capri. I wanted to see how she was doing. I knew she prolly felt awkward as hell. From the conversation we had before hand to the part where Jen barged in here.

Picking up on the first ring, I waited for the call to connect. Then I stared down at my phone.

"Hey." I spoke.

"Hey." She sighed.

I could see she'd been walking home and I felt bad. I would drive her or walk with her but Jen held me up.

"You okay?" I asked.

She nodded her head. "Yeah."

"I'm sorry bout all the weird shit that happened just now. And I'm sorry I couldn't drop you off like normal. I told you my aunt was gone be pissed about that car. Plus she wanted to talk to me."

"No it's okay. I'm literally walking in the door now."

"How ya parents feeling?" I asked.

"I told them I ran out to Sams house earlier this morning. They were too tired to care so I'm in the clear." She responded.

"Well I-I'm glad you getting home safe. And um...yeah."

"Your aunt seems really nice." She brought up.

"Yeah she really likes you too. Sheen even meet you all the way and started callin you ha daughter in law." I cackled.

"REALLY?!" She laughed.

"I think it's cause like she happy I finally got a luh boo." I admitted shyly.

I AIN'T LIKE THE WAY SHE WAS MAKING ME FEEL RIGHT NOW. A NIGGAS HEART WAS RACING AND ALL I GOT WAS FLASH BACKS FROM LAST NIGHT...

"Oh so you admit it now?" She snickered. "Cause this morning I was ya homie."

I sucked my teeth. "You know I ain't mean it like that. I was just...thinking about it. Cause I ain't know what you wanted."

"I wanna hear it again." She smiled looking into the camera.

I smiled back, kinda hesitant but I said it in a different way. Sum she'd like a lil better.

"I like you. You MOST DEFINITELY like me. So now you my luh baby."

"And what's a lil baby?" She smirked knowing damn well what I meant.

She wanted me to call her my girl so bad. There was no problem with it but it felt weird. Every time I called another girl my shawty, some fuck shit always happened.

We either ain't last or they was crazy as hell. I had this one ex that tried telling me she was pregnant with my kid every other month. Like we was 16-17 and wunt even fuckin like that.

Capri ain't give me them vibes but you never knew what could happen. People were unpredictable and that's why I always kept my guard up.

"You're my girlfriend." I mumbled.