Şehzade Mehmed

{Imagine Mehmed's family visiting you in Manisa after you giving birth to their first grandson.}

"Congratulations Şehzade'm, [Y/N] Hatun gave birth to a healthy boy." you heard the midwife saying as Mehmed walked into your chambers. He had the biggest smile on his face. He kissed your son's forehead and told everyone to leave you three alone before sitting at the edge of your bed.

"[Y/N]'m, my Sultana, you don't know how happy you made me." he said and also placed a soft kiss on your forehead.

"I can't believe that I am a father now." he told you as he gave you your baby.

"What name should we give him?" you asked looking down at the newborn and kissing his cheeks. He was so tiny and sweet.

"Since my father will arrive here in a few days, it would be the best if he names the new prince." Mehmed suggested.

"Who will come with his majesty? Hürrem Sultan and Mihrimah Sultan?" he nodded and began to add some other names , "And my brother Mustafa with his mother Mahidevran Sultan."

"What?! I didn't know about them, I have to make preparations for them too." you began to panic a bit, but Mehmed just let out a chuckle.

"Don't worry, Meleki Kalfa will prepare everything. You have to rest." he kissed you one last time on the cheek before leaving your chamber to head to the Divan. As soon as Mehmed left, Meleki Kalfa who also was you best fried walked in with some other maids.

"This are your new maids, Sultanım." you saw her smirking. She really was happy that you gave brith to a son.

"They will take care of our Şehzade."

~

Two days passed and today would the royal family arrive in Manisa. You were really nervous since this was your first time meeting them. Most of all your were afraid of meeting Hürrem Sultan.

"What if she doesn't like me? What if she takes my child away from me?" you asked while walking back and forth in your room.

"Please calm down [Y/N]. Hürrem Sultan wouldn't do such a thing, because she is a mother herself." just as you were about to say something, the doors opened and a maid informed you that his majesty and his family members arrived.

You walked to the gardens followed by your maids and Meleki.

The carriages stopped in front of the palace just as you took your place next to Mehmed. An elder man got off his horse and everyone including you and Mehmed bowed to him. It was for sure Sultan Suleiman.

Behind him was another man who looked just a few years older than Mehmed, probably Şehzade Mustafa. And last of all, there were two carriages where three woman got out. One with dark hair, one with brown hair and the other with red hair. All of them were incredible beautiful.

"Father." Mehmed said and kissed the man's hand who pulled him into a hug. Mehmed always told you that his relationship with his father was the best.

"Welcome to Manisa Hünkarım." you said and also kissed his hand.

"Thank you, where is my grandson?" he asked.

"The doctors said that it would be the best if he stays in the palace for a few weeks since he is still very small and young." Mehmed told him and he nodded.

~

"He looks exactly like Mehmed when he was born." Hürrem Sultan said as you handed the Sultan his first grandson.

It was time for the naming ceremony, so everyone was gathered in your chamber. His majesty began to say the Azan in the baby's ear before repeating his name three times in his ear.

"Your name will be Suleiman." his words made everyone shocked. A Sultan naming someone after himself is a big honour and obviously a sign of power. Especially when the child is one of his descendants, it means that he has big trust in him.

"May he have a long life." his majesty said and everyone answered with an 'ameen'. You could see that Mahidevran Sultan wasn't really meaning it, but who could blame her?

Hürrem Sultan has already four sons and with Suleiman being her grandchild they're already five. Now she has a lot more chances of getting the throne.

"And may he be a brave Şehzade like his father." the Sultan continued and this time jealousy took all over Mahidevran Sultan. She didn't even look up and say an 'ameen'.

But honestly, you didn't care in that moment. Everything was perfect, you had your son, Mehmed, Mihrimah and Hürrem Sultan on your side. Well at least you all had the same goal; seeing Mehmed ascending the throne and becoming a Sultan.

A/N
Do you want a part 2?