Şehzade Murad

{Imagine being Murad's favourite and his mother Nurbanu Sultan threatening you}

"I can't wait to see the Topkapi Palace, they say it's the most beautiful building in the world." you said as you sat next to the man you love in a carriage.

It was five months ago when you was sent as a gift from Mihrimah Sultan to her nephew Şehzade Murad to Amasya. Soon he and also you fell in love with each other and now you were three months pregnant with his child.

Murad's father was crowned as the new Sultan just a few weeks ago and he wanted his only son to visit him and that's why you were heading to Istanbul.

Murad chuckled and hold your hand before the carriage stopped. He got out and helped you. As soon as you set a foot on the ground a feeling of power hit you, all this would be yours.

"We will first greet my aunt Mihrimah Sultan and then we will go to Validam." he told you as you both walked through the Harem where every girl starred at Murad. Of course they wanted to be part of his Harem, because Nurbanu Sultan, Murad's mother, didn't allow any other concubine to go to Sultan Selim. He also was already old.

"Tell Mihrimah Sultan about our presence." Murad told the maid in front of Valide Sultan's chambers as she bowed and went in. Since Sultan Selim's mother, Hürrem Sultan, died before she could get Valide Sultan, her daughter will take care of the job and will also stay in these chambers.

"Murad'm, welcome my brave Şehzade." Mihrimah Sultan welcomed her nephew with a huge smile and opened arms to hug him.

"Aunt, you look beautiful as always." he complimented with a smile which she returned before looking to you.

"Sultanım." you bowed to her as she signaled you to come closer.

"I see you like the gift which I sent you." she said what made you blush.

"I do aunt. She is the best that has ever happened to me and I couldn't even thank you for it." Murad kissed her hand as a sign of respect and a thank you.

"And she will also give me my first child very soon." he continued what made Mihrimah look at you again with widened eyes. You could see how proud she was of you for how fast you made Murad fall in love with you.

"Congratulations [Y/N] Hatun, may it be blessed." she told you and Murad. Before you could respond, the doors opened and a woman with black and nearly grey hair walked in with a smile.

"My lion." she said and went to Murad who turned around and kissed her hand.

"I missed you and father so much." Murad pulled away from their hug.

"So did we my lion." she smiled hugely to her son.

"Validam, I want you to meet my favourite, [Y/N]. Aunt Mihrimah introduced me to her. " her smiled faded away as soon as she saw you. She walked closer still with Murad by her side and looked at you from head to toe.

"Is everything alright Nurbanu?" Mihrimah Sultan asked fakely. They both hated each other and the fact that you were a gift from Mihrimah made Nurbanu's blood boil.

"Why haven't you told me about her before?" she turned to her son and questioned him in a calm tone, but still a bit angry.

"Aren't you happy for your son? He will soon be a father." Mihrimah Sultan replied before Murad had the chance. Nurbanu sighed and put on a fake smile.

"May it be blessed." she obviously didn't mean it, but still said it for the sake of her son.

~

"I don't think she likes me." you said to your friend as you two entered the chamber where you would stay for the next couple of days. She gave you a glance.

"Why would you say that? Maybe she likes you, but doesn't show it." your friend tried to clear your mind.

"And besides that, even if Nurbanu Sultan hates you, you have Mihrimah Sultan on your side. Don't forget that she has a higher rank than her." she continued with her words what made you smirk.

Just as you wanted to respond, the doors of the room bursted open and Nurbanu Sultan walked in with an angry face. She looked at your friend who had her head lowered like you and ordered her to leave you two alone.

"Welcome Sultanım, I-" she cut you off by raising her hand and sitting down on the couch. She really looked angry.

"You sure do know why I came here to you even if I have more important things to do." her voice wasn't loud, but you could hear her proudness trough it. You gave her a fake smile and simply nod your head.

"I didn't know about the fact that my lion Murad's favourite is a spy of Mihrimah Sultan." her words shocked you.

"Sultanım, I am not a spy. I was just sent as a gift, nothing more." you tried to tell her the truth. she just raised her eyebrows and chuckled softly.

"You can fool the others with your lies which your little Sultana has told you, but not me. I know what your plan is and I won't allow you to ruin my relationship with my son." she spoke with a high raised head. Her words made you clear that she hated you more than you thought and she probably will try to get rid of you in the near future.

You looked down at her hands and noticed a ring on her finger. It was green and looked very magnificent.

'That must be Hürrem Sultan's ring which Mihrimah Sultan has told me about' you thought.

As Nurbanu Sultan stood ip to walk out of the room, you stopped her with finally speaking up.

"I didn't want our relationship to start bad, Sultanım and till now I always had respected you for the sake of our Şehzade." you told her calmly what made her turn around.

"I never had any bad intentions nor wanted I to ruin your relationship with your son. But now that you started a war with me, I have to protect myself and my unborn child." her eyes widened at your words.

"Who do you think you are to threaten a Sultana? Don't forget that you are nothing more than a maid!" she angrily hissed.

"You once were a maid too, but now you wear the ring of the late Hürrem Sultan. Just like her era ended, your will end too and then my time will come."  you smirked before she quickly hid the ring. She left the room without saying another word.

You sighed in relief and sat down on your couch.

A/N

I published my new book 'Elmas Sultan'.