44

Naruto hesitated to speak. If he admitted to know this man, his identity as a time traveler would definitely be exposed. And the fact that Teruya was just a fake name would break the trust of the current people in Konoha.

"Who the hell are you? An Uchiha?" Teruya questions, feigning innocence. Obito scoffs in disbelief, "Playing hide and seek? I'm fine with that!" he says. The Uchiha glances downward and meets the gaze of dark eyes staring back at him. 

Kakashi.

"Oh, so Obito here has died as well.

Kakashi steps back immediately, sensing something strange about the man he'd just potentially 'killed'. He notes Obito's name being mentioned and stays vigilant. 

Teruya notices the exchange and clenches his jaw unconsciously, "Kakashi, stay away from him.

Kakashi saw the Sharingan the man bore, Uchiha.

"Do you know him, Teruya-san?" asked Kakashi, an eyebrow raised in slight speculation. If there was an Uchiha who had escaped Konoha, they would've been handled by the clan itself unless a clan member decided to be irresponsible and have a child outside. 

"Well enough to know that he's dangerous," the Uzumaki replied carefully, not revealing too much information. "He's the guy that killed my team." he continues. 

Obito turned towards Teruya, "I've come to take the Kyuubi." the male states as a matter of fact. 

Kurama?! But I don't have him anymore and Obito would be able to sense that! Teruya thought, confused. 

With not a second to spare, Obito charged at Teruya with the murderous intent to kill. Kakashi can feel the intense aura but refuses to step back. This mysterious man just mentioned Obito. And as much as Kakashi and Obito fought each other, they cared as much for each other as well. 

"Teruya-san who the hell is he?! Do I engage with my unit or not?" Kakashi could feel the gazes of his team members hesitating to attack. The visual prowess of the Sharingan was not to be underestimated.  

Teruya conjures up a clone and creates an Odama Rasengan, using it as a distraction. Then came all the other clones. 

Hundreds of Teruya's filled the place, all in one voice and one mind; to kill Obito. 

Obito started grinning excitedly, "HAHAHA! Let's have fun, Uzumaki." He charged at Teruya, and the great fight began. Meanwhile, the real body grabbed Kakashi and the team, teleporting them at lightning speed to a few meters away from the place.

He hurriedly relayed information, "Kakashi, this guy is super dangerous okay? I don't think I can kill him on my own, so I need help," he says, placing both hands on the younger boy's shoulders. 

"But—" Kakashi was cut off by another voice. 

"You need my help, Teruya-san?!" a loud voice announces. 

Jiraiya was before them, in all his glory and Teruya suddenly feels like the burden on his shoulders became lighter. Kakashi observed the reaction quietly. Teruya-san surely meant something when he mentioned that guy being super dangerous. 

"Jiraiya-sama!" Teruya exclaimed, "when did you get here?!

"As fast as I could. You have a lot of things to explain to me kid." Jiraiya replied and Teruya knew that he was referencing to the man with the Sharingan. And most probably about Orochimaru too. 

"A-ah well...yeah," the Uzumaki chuckled nervously, "it's a long story." Jiraiya shook his head, "I'm up for it. Well then, what are you waiting for?

The red head grinned, "Hai!

Jiraiya went first but Teruya turned back to tell something to Kakashi. 

"Kakashi, I know I'm selfish but could you check up on Obito for me?" he says softly, looking at Kakashi. 

The silver head raised an eyebrow.  

"I have a bad feeling that Obito is being aimed by that guy." says Teruya in reply of that eyebrow raise, "remember I told you he killed my entire team, right?"

He mentioned Obito.

Kakashi nods his head, "Yeah,"

"That guy is extremely dangerous and has strong powers, I don't want you guys to get into trouble because of the problems I wasn't able to solve, so please, check on him for me will ya? I'll explain it to you once everything is over, alright?" the Uzumaki states in a hurry. 

The Hatake sighed, "You and your problems, Teruya-san.

Teruya laughed, "Thanks Kakashi! I'll definitely kill that guy!" he reassures with a bright grin that Kakashi hadn't seen in a while, and disappears. 

Kakashi turns back to face his team to realize everyone except Nishino had passed out from shock. Nishino look exhausted, as if wanting to vomit. He had a hand half-raised and uttered weakly, "H-Hatake-san, do we inform of this to the Hokage?

Kakashi opened his mouth to reply, but Nishino kicked the bucket and threw up. 

The boy cringed, disgusted, and turned the other way. 

Stupid Teruya-san. 

*

Tenzo felt himself being pulled by someone when he was fighting that white creature, and in the blink of an eye, he was teleported to some place which he could recognize as the forest. 

"Sorry Tenzo, but you can't handle that guy," Teruya's clone states. Tenzo turns back and notices the figure. 

"But"

With a word, the clone poofs into thin air, leaving Tenzo hanging. A cool breeze brushes past his face and the trees shimmy along the music of the night. 

Tenzo pauses to process the whole situation for a while, and a frown tugs at his lips at a sudden realization.

"I hate that guy."

Tenzo was at the edge of Konoha's borders. 

____

written; wednesay, april 27, 2022

published; wednesday, april 27, 2022

this was a little rushed, had to get it out