42

The abandoned church was up to date within days. The townspeople were surrounding the place. "I don't get it we're a brothel not a worship hall" Max said. Antonio only chuckled slightly then brushed his hand over Max's hair. "This place is a mess" Apollo said. Looking over the place he was right, the church went abandoned ten years ago. Six cots were lined up for the remaining boys who stayed. "How can we do our jobs in here" Antonio asked. Apollo checked out the stage that was decently used. "We maybe whores but we are sexy as hell aren't we" Apollo said. Max was the only one who nodded eagerly. "Point being" Antonio said. "We can bring anyone into this place" Apollo said. Antonio didn't feel confident in Apollo at that moment.Georgie knocked on the door. "Fuck, I forgot I had Georgie today" Apollo said. Apollo went to go greet Georgie in the front entrance. Meanwhile Louis and Antonio left the church. "What shall we do" Louis asked. Antonio kissed him gently, Louis kissed him back softly. "What's it like in Carnaryn" Antonio asked. " canaries are all around" Louis said. "Holiday seems like a better King than Harry" Antonio said. Louis nodded, Holiday was the better fit at being king. "What's it like in America" Louis asked. Louis and Antonio sat underneath a apple tree that was on the palace grounds. "It's a trip...bad people live there" Antonio said. "What happened to your parents" Louis asked. Antonio sighed with a teary eyed glance. "They didn't want me, they basically sold me to a whore house in the city of New York as a baby" Antonio said. Louis felt Antonio tense in his touch. "I promise I'll get you out of this life" Louis said. Antonio rested his head on Louis shoulder as they sat in the spring air. Louis kissed his forehead, he wanted a better life for Antonio. He wanted a better life for all the boys in that house. "Antonio...a client is here for you" Apollo said. Apollo looked out of breath from running to find Antonio. Antonio stood up and followed Apollo, Louis wasn't to far behind them. "Who's the client" Antonio asked. Opening the church doors it was a man who was a bit bigger than Antonio. Louis didn't recognize him. "This is Fernando" Apollo said. Fernando looked to be Italian by the features. Louis left the church to wait under the apple tree. When he got to the tree Max was sitting under it. Max's gaze met his, "I can leave if you want" Max said. "No...please stay" Louis said. Louis sat next to Max, the younger man felt Louis was sad. "I know what you feel" Max said. Louis looked over at him, he was looking at the grass. "I once had a lover outside the brothel, he abused me as you may know" Max said. That afternoon Max told Louis his whole story. "I act like a child to cope with the pain that he caused, Apollo rarely sends me clients for that reason" Max said. "Who gave you that collar" Louis asked. Max only blushed, his fingers brushed over it. "Apollo, he said it would protect me" Max said. The collar did protect him from the bad men who tried to get to him. The dog tag it had on the front said Apollo. Every now and then Max would bring home a new conquest but it wouldn't last long. "I think the collar looks good on you" Louis said. Max giggled slightly. "How are you and Antonio" Max asked. "I love him, but I want to give him a better life" Louis said. Max was daydreaming as a butterfly landed on his nose. "That's sweet, we all want that dream of a stable life" Max said. Louis knew that wasn't true for Max. Max turned his head to the side Louis saw hand prints around his neck. Who chocked him Louis questioned. Max was too childlike to get a treatment like that. One day Max was his age, the next he was a child inside a teenage boys body.