19

Tony retired to his room, Louis didn't want to leave him alone. "Would you like to accompany me" Tony asked. Louis nodded he entered Tony's room, he looked around. He noticed thirteen lit candles. "Owen and I were together for thirteen years, I had to honor him some how" Tony said. It's beautiful Louis signed. Tony smiled softly with teary eyes. "My mother once said that death brings new beginnings" Tony said. Tony's mother Clementine was a very delicate woman. She also had nine children, Tony being the youngest out of the nine. Clementine was a kind woman Louis signed. "Indeed she was" Tony said. The day Clementine passed was when Tony was assigned to Louis.
Just then a knock was heard, Tony got up to go answer the door. "Is Louis in" Harry asked. Tony looked back at Louis who was sitting on his bed. "We need to get to Dr. Shaw" Harry said. Louis followed Harry out to the stables, before making it out the door he stopped a servant. Be sure to check on Tony Louis signed. The servant nodded. Louis then went out to Harry. They both rode off towards Shaws rustic barn. "Hopefully today will be a lucky one" Harry said.
Once they arrived at Shaws barn, Harry tied up his horse. Louis knocked on the door, Hughes answered, this time he wore a eye patch over the glass eye. Harry noticed Hugh's hair was unkept and cut short on some ends. "Come in, Shaw is just finishing up with another patient" Hughes said. A thick scar was in the place of the glass eye. Hughes felt Harry's eyes on his. "My glass eye got infected, Shaw said it should take a few days for the infection to go down" Hughes said. Tear stains were on his cheeks. Louis waited patiently for Shaw to finish up. "Welcome welcome, I hope you weren't waiting long" Shaw said. Hughes coward aware in fear going into the kitchen locking the door. "Shall we" Shaw said. Louis and Harry followed Shaw into a exam room. Louis then sat up on a exam table. "Open wide young prince" Shaw said. Louis opened his mouth taking the kings hand in his. "The infections have cleared up nicely" Shaw said. He tapped gently on Louis jaw allowing him to relax. Louis felt hope growing inside him that he would be able to speak again. "Are you willing to go forward with the surgery today" Harry asked. Louis nodded eagerly. "All signs look good, I'll have Hugh's set up the sedatives, excuse me" Shaw said. Shaw left the room, Hugh's came into the room. "Is everything ok" Harry whispered. Hugh's shook his head no tensing up. "Help me" Hugh's whispered. Shaws footsteps were heard, he entered the room. "Thank you Hugh's" Shaw said. Hugh's left the room taking a final look at the king. "Shall we begin" Shaw asked. Louis was leaned back in the exam table. His mouth was fairly numb from the sedatives. Louis still held Harry's hand tightly. Shaw began to stitch up the new tongue to the stubby bits of the cut off portion. Louis looked at Harry then at Shaw and back and Harry. "I have done it again" Shaw said. Holding up a not so shiny mirror. When will I be able to speak Louis signed. "Learning to speak will take months maybe years, I assume the palace has someone who can teach you" Shaw said. Louis spent three days in the rustic barn with the king. After those three days the two of them thanked Shaw. Harry noticed Hugh's was nowhere to be found. Which stirred up some internal issue with the king. Louis could sense the conflict. "Farewell good friends" Shaw said. Louis didn't have time to wave before he was thrown up on the horse. Harry still felt tense to the touch, when they made it back to the palace Harry brought the horse back to the stable. "What do you think Shaw did to Hugh's" Harry asked. Louis looked confused at Harry. You don't think he killed him did you Louis signed. "I may have a idea of how he got a tongue so quick" Harry said. Louis felt bad about stealing from Hugh's. "Shaw is a manipulator, Hugh's glass eye wasn't infected he was slowly suffering" Harry said. Yet you trusted him Louis signed. Louis was right this time around. "I was a young and naïve person who didn't have the judgment" Harry said. Louis believed the naïve part of the king. Thank you Louis signed. "Now, now let's get you speaking so I can stop being so nice" Harry said. Quickly kissing his head before returning inside. Louis followed him inside to the throne room.