Chapter 30

I can't believe how quick I've written this story lol uh 5-10 chapters left maybe even 15 if I'm creative enough. Enjoy!
__________________

Weeks 26-30 go by very quickly and now I am showing so much it's really hard to cover up I've been wearing layers of jackets  thankfully it's winter so I'm not judged.

Since I'm not wanting to travel any more our families are coming here for christmas except for my sister and her family since she has 5 weeks left but we're going to have them on facetime when we open presents.

Rebecca's sending over our presents with my parents and I am sending them theirs through the mail so they can open them on facetime.

Jack's been taking a break from the studio and is doing more stuff with new balance so he's been going between here and boston while I've been working. When I'm not working I'm prepping for our families to come and decorating the nursery.

A couple weeks ago we got the paint and painted it a nice light blue, then jack did a majority of the furniture building but so far theres a crib, a dresser with a thing to change the diapers on top and a ton of clothes.

We got a huge delivery of new balance it's a majority of the closet in various sizes as he grows, and a ton of different onesies that's we've been sent from family and from me just shopping, there is also a towel closet full of diapers.

"Babe look at these shoes" jack shows me. "We have so many already he's not gonna be able to wear all of them" I laugh. "We can get them in a bigger size for when he's odler" he replies. I give in and he smiles, I think he likes shopping for the baby more than I do which seems impossible.

After finishing in the baby store I put my hoods on hiding my face and we start walking down the street. It's the coldest day today so I'm wearing my maternity Jean's that help hide my bump, an oversized new balance hoodie and my winter coat.

May be dramatic but I'm freezing. "Few more stores and then home or food?" He asks. "Food" I answer. A few seconds later I feel kicks and giggle "he's awake and active" I say.

He smiles "he could be dancing" he replies. "True" I laugh. "He's definitely going to be a talented kid" he smiles probably thinking about it. The future flashes before me and I see him and jack playing around with a soccer ball.

A future I like and want. "Oh definitely" i smile swinging our arms. "Whatcha thinking about?" He asks. "Mmmm our future" I smile looking up at him. "And how is it looking?" He asks. "Very bright" I answer.

"Uh how many kids do you want?" He asks. "Uh I don't know, I know I always wanted a younger sibling so 3ish" I answer. "Ish? We can't have half a baby" he jokes. "Haha so funny! 3 or 4, but 2 of each sounds good" I reply. He nods in agreement "i always wanted a sister" he smiles.

We go to a couple more stores and head to chipotle. "Burrito or bowl?" He asks. "Good question ummm bowl with some tortillas on the side" I answer. "Good idea" he replies.

I sing along to music on the way home and then I sit on the couch with the bowl on my bump watching tv and eating. I hear jack laugh and I look over "what?" I ask. "You're just so cute" he smiles. I stick my tongue out and he gasps "love you" I reply before taking another bite.

"Love you too" he smiles. We still haven't chosen a name but we have 10 weeks left and we haven't chosen a middle name either. So it'll either be Bentley thomas harlow or Thomas bentley harlow. I really like the first one.

After I finish eating I grab the baby name book trying to find more combos that would fit with harlow. "Bentley has grown on me as a first name" jack says after noticing I'm looking again. "Really?" I ask looking at him.

He nods "yeah it's a cool name" he replies. I smile and nod "okay and you're good with having Thomas as the middle?" I ask. "He's more like his daddy then" he smiles proudly.

I gigle and write it down in his baby book along with adding everything that's happened this 30th week. Tomorrow he'll be 31 weeks, we're now going for scans every 2 weeks.

_________

Jack went to pick his parents and brother up from the airport, mine came in yesterday so I'm making a big breakfast with my mom. "Go sit and cut up the strawberries" she says.

"Fine fine" I say taking the stuff over to the island to sit. "Let's do bananas too" she says handing me a few. I put them into different bowls as I cut them.

While she is making the pancakes jack comes through the door with his family, I quickly get up from the stool and waddle over. "Oh my goodness look at you!" Maggie smiles. "How was the flight?" I ask hugging her. "Good good" she answers.

I peck jack on the lips then give his brother a high five and side hug his dad. Then we move to the kitchen where my moms finishing the pancakes. "Hey everyone" she smiles. "Oh my goodness I remember you from when our kids were in high school" maggie says.

My moms face lights up and we both look between them and at each other. "How?" I ask. "Parent teacher meetings, before the teacher would call us in we'd mingle in the hall" my mom answers. "Isn't it crazy that our kids are together" maggie asks. "And they're having baby" my mom gushes.

Jack smiles resting his hand on my back gently "they like each other" he whispers as they start cooking and talking. "Oh Brian my dads in the living room if you wanna meet him" I tell him.

"Oh sure!" He smiles and we walk over with Jack's brother following behind us. My dad looks away from the tv and at us "dad this is Jack's dad Brian and his brother clay"  I introduce them. "nice to meet ya" he says.

They sit down together and talk watching some car show. "I've got a game room if ya wanna go game" jack suggests to his brother. "Oh sure!" He says. "Cool I'll go show you" he says. "I'm gonna see how breakfast is it might be done soon" I say before they go off.

Instead of going they sit with the dads and join the conversation. "Hey hows breakfast?" I ask. "Almost done just gotta do the eggs" Maggie smiles. "Okay I'll get the boys to set the table" I reply. "Oh and thank you for helping maggie you really didn't have to" I add turning back. "I love cooking and you should rest" she smiles.

The boys come and set the table in time for the eggs to be done. "Thank you all for being here, I'm sorry my sister and her family couldn't be here she is 5 weeks ahead of me so she is unable to travel" I say.

After breakfast we sit in the living room telling stories and our families get to know each other. I'm so glad they're here for the few days. Tomorrows Christmas so today we're just hanging out.

We end up just watching home alone and then a couple other christmas movies before going to bed. We don't have enough spare rooms so clay is on an air mattress in the nursery.

Hopefully by time we have our second we'll have a bigger house but for now this 4 bedroom is fine. I fall asleep cuddling the body pillow and jack behind me being the big spoon. Today really gave me insight into the future.

______________________________

This one was so cute and wholesome 🥺 pregnancy will be over soon if you're bored of it

Vote
Comment
Follow me