Chapter 9

Jack has me absolutely whipped so heres another one
_________________

I sigh running my hand through my hair again after checking my phone for the millionth time. Jack hasn't texted or called me and it's hours passed when he said he'd be here to pick me up for our date.

My phone starts ringing and I look expecting it to be jack but its stella. "Hi?" I ask. "Oh I thought you'd be on your date, what happened?" She asks.

"He hasn't texted or called, I don't know about this stella" I say looking at the floor crossing my legs. "Maybe check his Instagram or tiktok something could've come up" she says. "I have and there's nothing" I reply.

We talk for a bit and she calms my anxiety and I decide to just put his Instagram notifications on incase he posts anything. I go into my bathroom taking a few mirror selfies acting happy and then I change out of my dress and take off my makeup. "If he wanted to he would" I whisper to myself.

I go back into the living room and plop on the couch putting on tv to distract myself. Before i know it a few more hours have gone by and the girls are home from the salon and I haven't heard anything from jack and he hasn't posted anything on his instagram story either. "Have you called him?" Madeline asks.

"Yeah, once an hour and it rings for a couple minutes before going to his completely full voice mail" I answer and frown. "I've texted too" I frown.

They both look at me and frown, madeline looks angry and stella still has faith in him. "Hey maybe he got distracted with writing songs, maybe you've inspired the next summer hit" she says. "It's been a week I wouldnt blame him if he just decides to not talk to me" I reply.

We go back to watching TV and they order something to eat. A couple hours after we eat I tiredly stand up from the couch "I'm going to bed I'm tired" I whisper. "I'm gonna kick his ass don't worry" madeline says. "Don't bother" I whisper back.

__________

Ivy to jack: don't know what's going on but I'm done

__________

A few days go by and I still haven't heard anything from jack and I took his post notifications off so I don't know if he's posted either. I've thrown myself into work and preparing for Camilas tour.

While I'm finishing the last foil for my last client of the day stella comes up to me "don't look now but jack just walked in" she whispers. "Tell him he can go" I reply grabbing my colour bowl and going into the back.

My heart thumps and my stomach does flips making me want to throw up. I turn around to go back out and jack is standing against the door frame. "You have a hard time listening don't you?" I ask crossing my arms.

He sighs and frowns looking me in the eyes "I'm sorry ivy" he says. I shake my head and look away avoiding eye contact. "Are you? It's been a few days and I heard nothing" I ask.

I feel him come closer "I got busy and I also lost my phone, they had me fly out to Atlanta before I could even tell you" he says. "You lost it in Atlanta didnt you?" I ask. "Yeah I just haven't had time to get a new one" he says.

Stella comes up behind him "I checked the foils the bottom ones are almost done" she says. "Thank you stella" I reply. Jack lifts my chin to look up at him "please forgive me ivy" he whispers.

Taking a deep breath i step back and cross my arms again. "As a friend I'll do the music video for you and the tour" I say. "But?" He asks. "But we can't continue messing around" i add. His head drops "is there anything I can do?" He asks.

"Yeah" I start. His head perks up "yeah?" He asks. I nod and start pushing him to the door "yeah you can go" I say. He stops "ivy" he whispers. I stop pushing and look down "I need time jack" I whisper back.

He moves closer lifting my chin up again "time for what?" He asks. "To sort out my feelings for you" I reply. "Is that code for get rid of?" He asks. "Maybe" I answer. His smile drops and he looks down "if that's what you want then ok" he says then walks away leaving the salon.

I let out a sigh and sit down on the nearest chair "ivy" stella whispers. "Nah it's fine I'll get over him it only lasted a week I should've known better" i reply then stand up going back to work.

The client leaves after I finish and I clean up my area and start organizing everything else. The girls quietly help me and we close up going home. I sit in the back quietly and look down at my phone.

Jack: got a new phone, heres the details for the music video see ya tomorrow

"Great I have to see him tomorrow for the music video" I say. "We'll take on your clients don't worry about it, if you need anything text us" madeline says pulling up to our apartment.

After we get up there I wonder over to my room and change into an oversized shirt from my floor and wonder into my bathroom. I start brushing my hair to put in a bun and realize I'm wearing Jack's shirt. "Fuck" I whisper.

Once I'm done my nighttime routine i go back into my room putting on shorts and then wondering into the kitchen to pour myself a glass of wine. "You good?" Stella asks. "I fucked up stella" I reply after chugging a glass. She sighs "maybe take time to be friends and really get to know each other before putting a title on it" she says.

They distract me a little bit while I continue to get wine drunk. "How does he make you feel?" Madeline asks. I sigh "frustrated, happy and when he does the subtle pda like holding my hand or resting his hand on my thigh theres this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach" I answer thinking of it.

Stella smirks "that feeling is love dude" she says. "What?" I ask. They both roll their eyes but smirk and look at each other "ivy you're in love with him" madeline says. I shake my head "nope impossible" I reply.

"Look talk to him tomorrow at the shoot and see what happens" Madeline says. "I think I hurt him, the look on his face broke me" i frown and wipe my face.

The image of his face dropping comes back and I look down "I don't know if he'll forgive me" I whisper. "If he likes you as much as it looks like he likes you he will" stella says. "Can we stop talking about jack I'm tired" I ask.

We move on and I listen to the movie in the background while scrolling Twitter. A pic of Jack leaving the salon surfaces, he looks upset. The replies are filled with people wondering why he looks upset and wondering why he was there.

I exit the app and go to my texts.

Ivy to jack: I don't think these feelings will go away j

Letting out a sigh I put my phone down and focus on the show before eventually going to sleep wine drunk and sad.

_________________________

AHHHH sorry if this one made you cry or upset please don't hate me

Vote
Comment
Follow me