She almost didn't notice the figure that moved in the corner. Her head shot towards it as she shifted closer to the wall. "Hermione"The voice mumbled.

She opened her mouth to speak but forgot her vocal cords had been severely damaged. She couldn't make a sound.

"They're going to find you... but we can't be here when they do" She heard. Hermione closed her eyes. It was Monica and Wendell.

"Be prepared when they come. You need to be able to run out of here" Monica's voice was heard.

"Avada Kedavra". Hermione eyes shot open as she watched the spell hit them. Two bodies fell to the floor in front of her cage. Her parents, the ones that raised her, the ones that were always there for her, now lay dead before her.

She couldn't speak but she knew if she could, she would've cried out to them. She couldn't walk but she knew if she could, she would've ran to them. She couldn't cry but she knew if she could, she would've held their bodies close to her and sobbed over them.

Because no matter what they had done, they were the people that raised her. The ones who taught her how to love and care and always be grateful for everything. They were her family. Her forever parents.

Before she could even begin to think, another unforgivable was shot, this time at her.

~

"If anything happens to her, Potter, I will kill you"

"We will go in, all at once and attack. Hermione is in the dungeons, locked in a cellar. She is badly injured so whoever finds her, they need to apparate completely focused. If she's splinched, she'll die" Harry told.

Draco glared at the back of his head. They'd taken his wand so he wouldn't barge into the place alone. They were making a pathetic plan. It had only been 5 minutes since Michael Zabini had left but it felt like a century.

"Does everyone have their wands?"Kingsley asked. Pansy threw Draco his wand and he instantly apparated away, the others behind him.

A curse was flung at his head the second he appeared. He dodged it and sent a nonverbal spell at the wizard. People were yelling all around him, throwing curses and hexes. Draco ran forward as he heard a deafening scream, a scream that he had heard barely a year ago. Her.

With a protection charm around him, he cursed every wizard that came in his way, charging towards a door. Lights flew around him, curses, jinxes, and hexes. There was people apparating left and right, cowards. He kicked in the door, about to run in when he heard another yell behind him.

He spun around, his eyes shooting to the red head thrashing on the ground; a person in a black cloak not too far away. "Confringo!" He yelled. The person was knocked back, having to take the Cruciatus curse off Ginny to defend himself.

He saw Harry run to her aid so Draco continued towards the other screaming. Hermione's. The room had two long narrow staircase. One going up and the other going down. He couldn't hear anymore yelling, he was just there trying to figure out where to go. Dungeons.

Another scream was let out, and he knew it was from down below. Draco practically flew down the stairs, hearing footsteps behind him. Pansy, Theo and Blaise joined him at the bottom of the stairs. There was a large metal door covered in charms. The screaming began to die down as they removed the locking charms, and Draco was scared he wouldn't make it in time.

Scared that he wouldn't be able to say good bye. Scared that the last thing he was able to tell her was that she meant nothing to him.

Ron charged down the stairs, only being able to come so far due to the restraining order. So he began shooting spells from the stair case, Harry and Ginny following later.