Chapter 14: ONLY LOVE CAN HURT LIKE THIS

It was only us two looking at each other like we used to. I remembered clearly every memory with him. But turned away not looking back to stay. The strain of time tore us apart and I never looked back. " Yes, Joana" he answered I started to cry " I looked at the moon trying to find a sound, I listened to it right outside the window not knowing what I was looking for. There were days when the sun was so cruel that the moon became my light. That all the tears turned to dust and I just knew my eyes were drying up forever not knowing it was for you. I can't remember where or when or how but now I know and I couldn't bring myself to remember as every memory was banished I now feel hurt that I didn't recall the memories you and I had ever made. He looked at me with the most gentle eye smile. " Joana after a long time I kept questioning what happiness was as my life consisted of hell where no sun shone and winter never ended.

Everyday fighting just became a moment of suicide. A movie in slow motion where you don't have the courage to end your life but neither to live it. I thought I would be doomed to never know happiness until I saw you again in my memories you lived in my memory every day. He was being honest that I was sure but was he in love with Heedo or me (Joana). " I don't know you must be confused you loved me Joana ? that was a long time ago the one you meet was Heedo but that's not me please just leave I need to clear my head I've had enough right now. His word indeed felt right and were the words of the man I love. But who did I really love Jungkook or Yijin was I playing a game. If I really loved Jungkook then my memories with him would have easily been brought up but nothing, the only life I remembered at that moment was only when I was happy with Yijin.

I was confused was Jungkook just my childhood love or was he really the one I loved. I grabbed my keys and drove to Yijin's house. As I knocked on the door I looked around even confused. " Joana" I turned around and headed in. As I sat down " Yijin tell me why you lied to me" Yijin looked at me seriously. " So you know I'm sorry but we wanted the best for you, your parents were caught stealing music and well you needed a new life. I didn't mean to hurt you but believe it I did love you. Even if when you called out Jungkook's name every night in the hospital. Only in your memories, he was always there. "

 "