Masquerade [F]

Summary: Y/N makes a lucky escape from the creepy Prince, the King to be

Summary: Y/N makes a lucky escape from the creepy Prince, the King to be. She just never expected her rescuer to be who it was.

Very mild fantasy, partially Royalty AU

Word Count: 4,000

Y/N's POV

"Steph, are you absolutely sure that the dress is a good idea?" Zoe asks, as Steph comes downstairs from getting dressed. Her dress as beautiful as it is, is definitely not the typical masquerade ball outfit.

She's wearing a short black dress that goes to her middle thighs, and it's covered in lace, especially around the bust and building up to around her chest, along with a mask that replicates the same lace.

"Of course! You think I'm going to wear a corset? I want to eat!" She insists. She is quite correct. Corsets, as beautiful as they are, are meant to make a woman smaller. And with the stomach, you either have to choose between breathing, or eating.

She sits down at the table which the rest of us have gathered around, as she starts to get ready for the ball. 

This year is meant to be one of the most important nights of our teenage years.

It's the courting night of the future King, James Harrison.

And what is the deciding for the courting night? A masquerade ball. 

It's an old, old tradition, as it doesn't have a fixed schedule, it happens every year whenever the princes turn 17.

Every single one of the girls in the kingdom between age 16 as well as age 18 go to the palace for a ball, and by the end until the next morning, the Prince picks one girl to be the princess, until they become King.

And God help us all when James does eventually become king.

He's an all around dickhead. He's absolutely horrible to everyone in the word, not just exclusively.

He knew he could get away with anything he ever wanted to. And the worst bit was, that he could. He wouldn't ask you to get out of the way, he would shove you into the ground. He's hit the boys, and mock them for their bodies, and bully them so much.