Tattoo [F]

Summary: Dom is so careful with you while giving you his first tattoo

Word Count: 2,500

My heart's beating out of my chest, sitting in the back of the taxi, typing furiously to Steph and giving her every update about how near I was to the tattoo studio.

I recently had my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to finally get my first tattoo. I had a design in mind since I was about seventeen, but I'd been too scared to get the design done.

And it was mostly because of how I'd heard horror stories about some people's tattooing experiences. How they messed up designs, how they didn't respect and were rude to their clients.

How painful designs could be, how clients would quite literally pass out while getting a tattoo and the artist wouldn't care about it. That was what scared me so much.

And that was until Steph had gotten her most recent tattoo. Steph had two tattoos before her most recent.

Her first tattoo, which she got done the day after her 18th birthday was the outline of a skeleton smoking a blunt, which was on the back of her left thigh, and the smoke from the blunt went up until it was at the top of her thigh. She didn't really have a meaning for it, she just thought it was cool.

The second was flower petals on her right tit, that surrounded her nipple, so her nipple was meant to be the flower bud. I remember the look of horror on the male tattoos artists face when she explained the design and hurried off to go get a female artist.

Her most recent one was done a few weeks ago, and she tattooed "hands off my tits" underneath her chest, just where the end of a bra top would end. And it was just after getting that tattoo, she said I had  to go to this artist.

She said he was super super respectful, and he made his studio such a safe place, she explained to me that it was extremely neurodivergent safe too, and she sent me the number and the name of the tattoo studio.

Now, a week later, I'm on the way to the tattoo studio to get my tattoo done. I called the place and found out that the artist Steph had, is one of two artists, he owns the place and has a woman artist in the building in case anyone prefers having one.

As I arrive to the tattoo studio, the taxi drops me off as I walk in. Immediately, the environment of the shop calms me a bit. The store doesn't look how the majority of tattoo stores I've seen are.

There's no wide array of old American posters about beer, rock music, over-sexualising women, overly dark colours and focus on punk or being extremely alternative. The store has such a more gentle atmosphere.

The walls are light colours, there's plants and crystals in the windows, and light ambience music is being played in place of heavy metal music that I know would overwhelm me far too quickly. I relax a little, sitting down.