Nanny [F]

Summary: Dom won't let his ex wife disrespect his daughter's nanny

Word Count: 3,500

Dom's Age: 30 ; Y/N's Age: 25

Daughters: Lily: 3 ; Hanna: 1½

Y/N's POV

The loud cries of Hanna quickly wake me up from my limited sleep. Opening my eyes, I rub them and let my eyes adjust to the walls of my bedroom. Still half asleep, I roll over and grab my phone, unplugging it from charge.

I check the time, and see I have three notifications on the top of the screen. Bloody hell, it's 5 in the morning. The reason I am so exhausted, even for five in the morning, is the rocky sleeping pattern Hanna's fallen into at the moment.

She recently just made the change from sleeping in her cot, to sleeping in her proper bed, or we had to call it her "big girl" bed for just her to sleep in. Me and Dom thought putting her toys and blankets, along with her special toy would be helpful.

Wishful thinking. She recently has gone back to her sleeping patterns from when she was way younger, and wasn't sleeping properly though the night. I'd be getting up every couple of hours in order to put her back to bed.

I quickly got out of bed, as Hanna was still crying. I quickly pulled my pajama top quickly up over my shoulder, and I rushed over to Hanna's room in order to see what was wrong. She was stood up in her bed, and she was crying.

Then I immediately saw what was making her so upset. Her favourite toy in the whole world, Elle, a stuffed giraffe, was halfway across the room, and she couldn't physically reach and go get it.

There was a baby gate around her bed, and while it seemed slightly excessive, but it was very much needed. The first time that I had ever put her into her bed, the first night a week ago, I was was downstairs.

I was on call with Steph when there was a loud bang from upstairs, and the sob and crying from Hanna. I rushed upstairs and burst into her bedroom, and found her still laying  on her floor by her bed, sobbing.

After I managed to calm her down and get her to finally stop crying, and she explained that she had fallen out of her bed, and it hurt. So, finally, I let her sleep in my bed that night, not wanting her to fall out and hurt herself again.

Just the knowledge that she'd be safe. So, the next morning, I bought a baby gate for her bed. It's not high, it just goes from end of the wall to the other. It's barely a few foot high, just enough so she couldn't step over it.

Opening the door to her bedroom, she immediately sees me, and I understand why she's so distraught. Her favourite stuffed animal, Ella, a stuffed giraffe, and fallen out over the gate, so she couldn't reach it.

As soon as Hanna sees me, she immediately obviously wants me to get Ella. "STUFFIE! STUFFIE!" Hanna shouts while crying, pointing out over for the giraffe. She calls Ella that as Ella is apparently too difficult a name to say.