14. Golden shackles

Magsimula sa umpisa

She didn't say anything for a second then said, "I can fix the make up again but I can't help you out of this if you stay."

"I know. But I have this under control. The deal works in my favour. Once we move abroad, I'll settle everything quickly and you'll come with me, right?"

Even though she nodded, I saw that split second of hesitation in her eyes. I felt like screaming. Arunav was taking her away from me. He was the reason of that hesitation. I felt like a horrible friend for not asking her about her troubles.

"Hey, do you want to talk about Arunav? What happened with him?"

She shrugged. "It's fine. I over reacted  a little. He was being dramatic and saying stuff like he couldn't be with such an insecure woman and then I sent him a pic and he came crawling back." She smirked but there was something off about it.

"He forgave you because you sent him a sexual pic?"

"I never said it was sexual?" She giggled.

I rolled my eyes. "Bitch..."

"Okay yeah."

"Tell me you cropped your face out of it."

"What do you think I am, 5? Of course I did. But even if I didn't, it's just him. I trust him and we have done it quite a few times."

"Regardless. Tell me you never keep your face in those."

"Of course I don't, mom."

"I know you can take care of yourself but it doesn't help my paranoia."

"I know and it doesn't help mine to know you'll go stay with those people. What if they hurt you?" She was back to her serious self.

"Then you'll avenge me. They'll get the full Naira experience."

"Yes and I will not listen to you. I will murder them then hide their bodies and run away with you. We'll take the jewellery you get with us. It's yours after all."

"Deal." I grinned.

She pulled out the Naker Nath , a huge nose hoop, and held it up. "Now take off your nose pin and let me put this on."

I did that and hesitated. "Are you sure you don't mind?"

She rolled her eyes. "Bitch, it's you. I'll do anything for you."

"So will I but I will never put my finger in your nose."

"Then good for you, I don't have a piercing. Now shut up and let me put this on before your weird piercing closes off."

She carefully put one end of the huge nose hoop through my nose piercing and then pushed the other part, clicking it into place. My eyes teared up a little and I knew my nose was red. I have had that nose piercing for over a year and it still hurts.

"You weren't kidding. Your nose really got red."

"I know." I huffed. "Stupid thick skin."

My skin healed way too fast and it didn't like the nose piercing being there. And for some reason, despite the small nose, I still had super thick nose skin.

I turned around to see the mirror again. The nose hoop tied the look together. The slight redness on my nose was worth it, I looked good enough to ignore whatever I felt.

Time to deal with some responsibilities.

*********†*****†*********
The guard let me in through the gates without any problem. He already knew me as Ritwik's assistant but I wasn't sure if he knew me as his wi-partner yet. It didn't matter as such.