Chapter 35: Mr Tiger

Start from the beginning

I was wrong.

What love had done to my mother? Nothing but misery. It drained the life out of her. Love towards her husband brought her suffering and loneliness, neglect and anxiety leading to her death. A kind, passionate, gentle woman changed drastically. That was how "love" affected her. Love that came with trust were broken, shattered into pieces. I had a taste of it and it wasn't something I would want to experience the second time. The feeling of betrayal and abandonment.

Ah, I was stupid.

Who to say whether Mina was trustworthy or not? And who to say whether I was trustworthy or not? Even I couldn't say it with full conviction that I'm a person that can be trusted. Even I couldn't believe in myself. I never had a serious relationship with anyone that required commitment. I couldn't believe myself and I couldn't believe the other person either. I didn't want to get attach to anyone. No hard feelings, no attachment. It was easier that way.

"Chaeyoung, will her absence affect you?"

I wasn't sure. Though there was one thing that I'm certain. I would never entrust Mina in the hand of that woman. The morning arrived and she was preparing breakfast. I leaned on the wall and watched her silently. She was dressed in white and wore a light green beaded necklace and matching earrings. She did a French braid in her hair and applied light makeup that enhanced the beauty and fullness of her face. She set the meals on the dining table and took off her apron, "Breakfast is ready," she looked up at me, "I have to go somewhere. I've informed you yesterday,"

She picked up her handbag, slung it on her shoulder, she walked past me. I caught her arm, "You can go out with anyone but her. Not my stepsister"

"Whoever I go out with does not concern you anymore, Chaeyoung,"

"She's not someone that can be trusted. I just don't want you to get hurt,"

She stared at me, "No one have hurt me more than you," I narrowed my eyes. She turned away, "We have to renew our contract, Chaeyoung. Let's talk when we both have free time," She picked up her pace and went to the front door, "I'm going. Please take care of Ray and feed him You can dine outside or order takeout. I'll be back late,"

I followed, stopping her in her tracks "Late? How late?"

"I don't have to answer that" She stated and left.

I watched her leaving the garage and drove away. Sighing, "Why is she so grumpy?" I stomped into the dining room and had breakfast. The home-cooked food she made was delicious as always. I had a quick shower, slipped in a simple black shirt and jeans, then fed the beast. His Mama will dismember me if I didn't fed this ugly bitch. I jogged down the staircase, spinning car keys around my fingers.

I halted and stared down at the Beast, who was laying on the couch, "You'll be fine alone for a while right?" He looked at me and laid his head on the armrest. He seemed unbothered. Great.

I tucked my black handmade cap down low over my head and smirked, "Time to pay my darling a visit,"

* * * *

Everland Resort

Jeongyeon

Amusements parks overall were a fascinating place. I had always loved it. No matter how many times I had been on the ride, it always brings forth new excitements and thrills. The adventure was always new. The atmosphere created by all of the visitors was very lively. Music could be heard in the background from live concerts. All different kinds of smells were in the air, from the overly priced food stores to the quacking ducks swimming in the ponds. Lights flash all over the place from carnival games. Rollercoaster was my favorite. I enjoyed riding those multiple variety of rides until I completely forgot, some people couldn't bear even the sight of it.